Hello all, got back safely on what was a well planned trip but was a long day- no sleep in 24 hours meant lots of arguing wit the mrs lol....

Caught a coach from GLoucester to Gatwick, then a flight to cologe then a taxi to Bornheim near cologne. Sopent a good few hours going through things with Fred (the previous owner) receipts , history etc etc, and then set off at about 1:30.

Drove back from Cologne through Belgium to Calais on the E40. Then caught the catamaran back to Dover. By then i was completely f@cked as i hadnt slept at all...

Didnt take many pics of the whole journey as i was driving, but did see a pretty mad mk2 in his frinds Garage with its roof chopped and lowered.... And some very nice Bespoke Porsche rims which i will post for some of you as these were awesome- currently on a porsche boxter.

So far the spec reads;-

2.9 with chipped ECU and K&N element

Sparco strut braces top and bottom

RH 17" rims with new 235/17/35 bridgestone potenzas at the rear, 215 at the front

Sachs sport clutch

full SS exhaust with SS manifold/ downpipes

ABT front spoiler

Zender rear spoiler

colour coded sills and rear apron.

foiled windows- i cant remember what they call it now.. but there more tinted at the rear than front

climatatronic

Cruise control

Raid steering wheel

full leather with Konig front leather and heated seats

leather armrest

Theres probably other stuff but its little things really. More pics when its cleaned up and ive made a few little changes... ;-)

Ive got to have the chains checked mind as the top one sounds a little noisy so thats priority at the moment....

1193_img_0487.jpg

[ 1193_img_0487.jpg ]

8) 8) 8)

nice one warren -glad it all went well. car looks great. shame the headlights are lhd 'cos they look really good, wouldn't mind something like that for mine.

was it easy to get used to it being lhd?

Cheers guys. The drive home was great- didnt boot it as i was crapping myself!! There are some right nutters out there. Once back on UK roads it was doddle - apart from roundabouts- nearly went the wrong way on the first one in the UK (but i was v. v.tired ;-))

Gave it a little bit more on the b road leading to my house which is brilliant- 2 long sweeping bends and then up a hill into a small narrow county lane. It feels on a par with my last VR- (although its quieter and the clocks are in KPH so im having to judge the speed) but one thing i have noticed is the grip and composure! On long bends you can really go quick and it doenst budge at all!! Lovely :-) It does feel heavier mind, and theres no boot.... .lol

With the cruise control on i just sat back and chilled the entire journey from Dover... Love it already :-)

I have a few things i need to sort though....

Think the chains are going to need replacing (or at least the top one or/and tensioner) as it makes a bit of a racket- and thats priority. Might just get the whole lot done....

And ive got a knocking from the front left - it might be a top mount or wishbone something, havent had a chance to look properly- only does it when its really bumpy and on uneven surface when i use a lot of lock and go really slow....

Manifolds coming off for polishing as soon as i get my company car ;-)

Just seen this car in the flesh and I have to say it is lovely! Immaculate wheels too and I suspect the rears are a bit bigger than the usual run of the mill 8 inchs! Ooer! :-D

The fact it has loads of options and the price Warren paid I recon he has an absolute bargain! :-)

Just cant wait for the test drive in a minute! LOL ;-)

Hello all' date=' got back safely on what was a well planned trip but was a long day- no sleep in 24 hours meant lots of arguing wit the mrs lol....

Caught a coach from GLoucester to Gatwick, then a flight to cologe then a taxi to Bornheim near cologne. Sopent a good few hours going through things with Fred (the previous owner) receipts , history etc etc, and then set off at about 1:30.

Drove back from Cologne through Belgium to Calais on the E40. Then caught the catamaran back to Dover. By then i was completely f@cked as i hadnt slept at all...

Didnt take many pics of the whole journey as i was driving, but did see a pretty mad mk2 in his frinds Garage with its roof chopped and lowered.... And some very nice Bespoke Porsche rims which i will post for some of you as these were awesome- currently on a porsche boxter.

So far the spec reads;-

2.9 with chipped ECU and K&N element

Sparco strut braces top and bottom

RH 17" rims with new 235/17/35 bridgestone potenzas at the rear, 215 at the front

Sachs sport clutch

full SS exhaust with SS manifold/ downpipes

ABT front spoiler

Zender rear spoiler

colour coded sills and rear apron.

foiled windows- i cant remember what they call it now.. but there more tinted at the rear than front

climatatronic

Cruise control

Raid steering wheel

full leather with Konig front leather and heated seats

leather armrest

Theres probably other stuff but its little things really. More pics when its cleaned up and ive made a few little changes... ;-)

Ive got to have the chains checked mind as the top one sounds a little noisy so thats priority at the moment....

[img']e107_files/public/1193_img_0487.jpg

[ 1193_img_0487.jpg ]

Be careful running the wider tyres on the back of a Synchro as this can lead to all sorts of problems with the 4 wheels drive system on them (as my friend found out with his VR6 Synchro!)

Lovely car though and awesome spec.

have to say after seeing it anf watching it follow me last night on the way to the cgti meet, it looks much nicer in the fles if thats possible. the pics dont do the colour justice! and looks very mean on the road! nice one warren!

Jah, me ist liking ze left hand drive yez! Unt vood you liking unt supercharger no? Dist unt liking ze autobahns?!!!

Heheh, its lovely dude. Still don't think I could cope with a left hooker though. I like my quick gear changes as i'm left handed!