To be chipped or not to be that is the question.

Ignore my thread in Members Cars i,ll try again

In 3 weeks i will have a shiny new Shrick heading my way courtesy of the group buy. A reputable garage(mentioning no names but located at Hollins Green, Cheshire) has told me there is no need to have it chipped(re-mapped) when fitted. Is this only the case for already modified cars or will i gain any extra Bhp or torque by doing it together..

Please help as im very confused. What is the answer????

Guest couzens

Yes you can have the car chipped as a separate mod without the Schrick and you can also run the Schrick without a remap and chip. But because the manifold has a switchover point, ie. at 4000 rpm and this is the purpose of the manifold, the remap is necessary. The purpose of the remap + chip is to tell the ECU that it has these new parts and to get them to work correctly and in conjunction with the ECU, it is recommended to have these done.

good point awaiting answer. Something to point out, by looking at the RR day results and chattin to my m8(Astra Sport Bloke) AmD are the boys. Just a chip and pannel filter and the guy is getting 194bhp outa his Vr. Same sorta response from the Astra sport guys. Think an AmD remap is the one to go for, but then again Vince use to work there, and if he can do the same remaps, then go to him. He's doing remaps on the cheap for VSR manifold buyers.