VR6T still wont start, even though it has no immob on ECU.

Ive been having big problems with my VR6 turbo not starting after 6 months of no use. It logs an immob fault code and won't start, I managed to find that on my laptop so got in touch with Stealh and sent it off to be done, BUT according to Stealth Racing the immob has been removed from ECU already!

All that happens is fuel pump relay 167 clicks on and off while cranking, also I can't get onto engine, or immob on VCDS, yet I can get onto airbag and ABS (so nothing wrong with laptop or leads). I could get onto this before I sent it away, but I don't think it's the ECU at fault. Before i sent it away if i cleared the fault codes for immob it'd start, but then randomly cut out, not the typical vr6 immob that runs for a second then turns off, this might be 5 mins or 20 mins, but it can't be started unless cleared by VCDS.

Any ideas anyone?

I thought the standard immob would allow car to start, then cut out after 1 second.. then not effect the car until it was turned off and try to start again? Stealth phoned me when I sent it to them and said it's already been removed, so I'm just going by what they say.

They said it might be because I still had the transponder chip and receiver plugged in, so giving mixed signals. So ive removed the box and transponder pickup ring and still no good.

UPDATE...

Got back from work today and as I suspected, as soon as I plugged immob box back in under steering column, it connected to VCDS instantly on both engine management and immob sections.

So, if I keep the box plugged in, along with the transponder pick-up plugged in too, I get 2 codes.

01176 65-10 key unauthorized (intermittent)

01176 07-00 key signal too low

If I unplug the transponder pickup wire from the box, I get the fault code,

01128 immob pickup coil (D2) 35-00.

Still no start, codes clear and return instantly.

UPDATE 2!

I have a spare ECU, transponder coil, immob box and key, so I swapped everything over (i know it won't run well as it's a standard ecu, but even if it fired for a couple of seconds I'd know) to cut a long story short, still no start, have exactly the same fault codes on the new ECU, key, immob and pickup, so if it really was an immob fault, it shouldn't do it on the other ECU, but it does!

So, I have no other ideas what to try next. Engine management 109 relay is new, fuel pump 167 relay is new and works in my boss's vr6 so not those.

No fault codes in engine management section