So ive no been on here for a couple of years after my Vr6 got wrote of by a granny! But i back no with big plans!

Thought I would start a new topic about my Mk1

I got it about 9 months ago and stripped and rebuilt the engine with a 2.0 bottom end

yjuru6en.jpg

yhanuzam.jpg

petu2u7a.jpg

aqe2a2yq.jpg

nageby3a.jpg

egemaqy5.jpg

Just when i was planning to get the car back on the road i went and got a Vr6 high line really cheap so have decided to put it in the Mk1 :)

Got the engine out of the Mk1 this weekend and have ordered the Mk1 Vr6 conversion kit from eurowise

y2u9e6u9.jpg

So going to get the Vr6 lump out next weekend and let the fun begin :)

Edited by Mk1 Vr6 james
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's been a while since the last update but been busy getting the engine bay ready for the R32 lump

https://vimeo.com/175963815

BOOM

VR6 in a MK 1, sounds like a good project, looking forward to seeing this.  

I did consider a couple of years ago doing a MK 1 with an ABF 2.0 16V engine in there and then possibly a low pressure turbo set up also, 2 reasons this did not happen,

1, I couldn't find a good MK 1 for my budget.

2, I got rid of a MK 3 with the ABF engine in I was going to use.

Good luck with your build.

• 4 weeks later...

Made a little bit of progress today im doing it out side don't have a garage so it all depends on the weather which don't look good at the moment :( Been getting all the parts i need over the last few weeks got every thing now so will be cracking on with over Xmas :)

Removed the aircon and power steering pump and fitted shorter belt and fitted driver side engine mount.

mesyma8a.jpg

u9aqy4yr.jpg

aby6eda9.jpg

Removed stock manifolds so i can fit this

8u3anegy.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Tidy mate, not enough mk1 vr's out there. I'm considering a mk1 or mk2 vr conversion in the future. I've heard the mk2 swap is pretty straightforward, what sort of problems am I likely to encounter with a mk1 though? Do the conversion kits usually have everything you need?

Tidy mate, not enough mk1 vr's out there. I'm considering a mk1 or mk2 vr conversion in the future. I've heard the mk2 swap is pretty straightforward, what sort of problems am I likely to encounter with a mk1 though? Do the conversion kits usually have everything you need?

The kit comes with all the engine mounts and drive shafts looks a good bit of kit as well :)

I'm getting back on it now just got back off hoilday so need to crack on with it will post up some pics over the weekend should have the engine in by Saturday I reckon :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...