Worthersee Vr6Oc Trip.

We are planning on doing a large trip to worthersee in May 2014.

The dates will be around the 17th May to the 24th.

I know it's months away but I have been asked by a few people for a breakdown of costs for our trip last year and I thought it would be good to get a thread up and running to give people plenty of time to source hotels/self catering etc. If everyone can add in with their costs, advice, tips etc we can cover everything and hopefully more people will be encouraged to go next year. So please add in anything

So here is a rough breakdown of costs for our trip last year :-

This was travelling in a charged vr which did around 230 - 250 miles to a 45 litre tank at motorway speeds -

It's around 800 miles from Calais to Velden if you go the most direct route through Germany and I used 4 tanks on the way and then travelling around the lake. I managed to get through 3/4 of a tank driving around the lake during the week we were there. Then obviously we used nearly 4 tanks on the way home. Petrol is roughly the same price in Germany / Belgium but is a fair bit cheaper in Austria.

We rented a self catering house in Wernberg through this website - http://www.theaa.com..._equipment.html

If you go before the show then most of the action happens around Velden and Faak am see and ideally you want to be based at that end of the lake - so around Velden, Wernberg, Portschash, Schiefling and down to Reifnitz ( where the actual show is). There are loads of meets happening every day and people just driving around or parked up arond the lake.

I am sure people will be able to add other things to see but for us a trip up the newly built Pyramidenkogel http://www.pyramidenkogel.info/ is a must ( plenty of mini meets happen in the 3/4 car parks on the road up to here )

also the Grossglockner alpine pass is well worth a visit for some of the most stunning scenery and amazing roads http://www.grossglockner.at/en/

there is a really nice little Porsche museum not far away too http://www.auto-museum.at/

Apart from that there are loads of great restaurants ( food and beer is cheap ) and places to visit see or just kick back and watch.

And a bigger thanks to Ben for the info and the links. Very helpful.

If anyone is interested in this then put your name down so we have a. Rough idea of numbers.

Also if anyone has been and has any advice or places they recommend then please post it in here for others to read.

very interested, BUT, how aree you thinking of working the  accommodation  bookings ? A club booking or every man for himself ? logistically could be fraid as if six are sharing a house how do we arrange it also would it be up to the individual to arrange all transport arrangements. great idea but a lot of planning needed. but yea could be up it .

how does Treffen lie in the scheme of things, just looking around ..?? would we be looking at 7 days in worthersee 17/24thplus travel either side how long in total, just asking cos house booking runs 17/24 th, as you can probably tell I,m on this like a cat on a kipper lol.need to know what I,m booking asap.cos I found an apartment at the right money

17-24th missed the actual show dates Martin. Hotels will be getting booked up already, campsites are pretty much turn up and pay. Houses are where it's at as warm and dry and fridges to fill with booze lol.

It's a place that you need to goto at least once, will be third year for me this one coming. The drive over IS the best bit!

WE NEED TO TALK MATE . WHAT DATES ARE YOU DOIN ??  THING IS YOU NOW KNOW EXACTLY WHATS WHAT, I,M GOING IN BLIND AT THE MO .. Camping is a deffo no no (bollocks valued too much lol) so apartment/ house  but where and when . found one Treffen at suggested  date but suggested date sounds wrong now .???????? obviously need to book quick ..so any help is appreciated .

• 5 weeks later...