I'm gonna take you to the clay bar

i found that but fook me its hard work especially if you then use meguires 3 stage system and washing and drying

I must be doing something wrong then.

Quick explanation.

Spray on polish stuff

Kneed clay and rub over area

Buff with supplied cloth

????????????????????????????????? I have thrown the instructions' date=' as usual. Who needs em :-p

I must be doing something wrong or does it not really work on Laquered finish.

[/quote']

I think 4mobora is saying it's hard work if you include the megs 3 stage system afterwards. That's at least 6 passes over the entire car which I'm afraid I wouldn't have the stamina for in one day. :)

Claying itself is pretty easy and rather theraputic I thought. One of those "ooh look what I've been missing" moments.

If it gets dirty and the surface gets clean and slick, you're doing it right.

(h) I need new clay, mines filthy (B)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The clay is good but i dont reckon its as good on laqured as it is on solid colours.

Not sure I get that, you'd be struggling to find anything going back a while that isn't clear over base. Most non-metalics/flats are still clear over base. It shouldn't really make any difference what sort of paint it is though.

What colour is yours M&Mtttt?

Just as an extra note - clay isn't for polishing or buffing the surface shiny etc. All it's there for is removing embedded and bonded crud/tar/fragments/contaminates from the surface. The polishing and paint correction is the next and seperate step with other products.

The clay is good but i dont reckon its as good on laqured as it is on solid colours.

Not sure what your getting at here? But the clay is only used to remove contaminations from the paint, it then should be gone over with polish to put essentials oils back into the paint and sealant to keep it there, and maybe wax to give it extra luster.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

my car is 15yrs ols and the paint is in pretty poor shape. i only use it once a fortnight for 2 days but wash it on one of these days, the car is normally parked in a residents carpark.

anyway would it be worth me usin g a clay bar on mine? its got quite bad swirl marks in places and a few scratches. i normally use a hot wash, chamois and miguirs gold class. but recently nothing i do seems to be making the paint really pop out. the colour is lc5p, dusky mauve pearl, so i know its never gunna look like glass but surely i can do something.

best used once every six months, it basically lifts the crap out of your paint cos although paint is smooth up close its like mountains with dips and the like where crap sits.. idea is to get the crap out and fill it with a sealant or wax.. its liking cleaning pours in your skin..