I'm gonna take you to the clay bar

Took delivery of my Mequiars Quik Clay and Tech Wax last night ready for a busy weekend cleaning.......am i safe/is there any point in using the clay bar on the windows/windscreen??? Not looked on the box anywhere to see if its recommended, just came into my head!

Moderator edit by: PeterVR6

Moderator edit by: PeterVR6

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dunno about using it on your windows -don't think it can do any harm

but this stuff is the absolute b*llocks!!!!! used it last week and i couldn't believe the sh*te that came off the paint, even places where i had recently t-cutted !amazed polished it afterwards with extra shine autoglym stuff.

quick tip - break the clay bar into 3/4 pieces 'cos if you drop it its a gonner

meguiars trim detailer is great too.

it takes all the crap off the paint that polishing don't get rid of apparently. makes it smooth as glass, well worth a go.

clay bar is like blu-tack -your lube it with the spray you get and rub it 'til its glass like. polish after and admire

What does it do and how do you use it?

It takes off all the crap that has built up on the surface of the paint... tree sap, bird poop, tar, bugs etc doesnt cut the surface of the paint like polishing does though so it wont help with scratches etc

it's good shiiiiiiiiit!

Well, 85% of the car is done! What can i say.....FANTASTIC STUFF!!! Got rid of all the tar spots from the door bottoms, and the general crap from everywhere else. Lovely and smooth now! Definately good shiiiiiit!

Definately not harsh. I'm amazed how it works personally, but i'd say its no where near as harsh as the likes of T-Cut o any other renovator, and yet does just as good a job (although doesn't remove scratches and swirls...)

it doesnt remove scratches & swirls because it only works above the surface of the paint as opposed to polishes that deal with imperfections in the paint

ACF... work on a small section at a time, spray on the detailer (if you have the megs one) or soapy water then work the clay bar across the surface until it feels smooth. then wipe clean with a cloth. When the clay bar looks dirty mould or turn it to a clean bit... most important thing is keep the surface wet

When you guys have finished with it, do yo try to wash the clay out?? Due to weather and the fact that my car was pretty bad, i've spread it over a few days (and still haven't completely finished), but i've found that the one peice has gone quite sticky and grey........is it best to wash it out or just chuck it and use another bit??