besters

Golf Mk3 Short Shifter

On 20/03/2016 at 11:20 PM, Bobby said:

Fitted mine earlier today and I must admit it's the cheapest yet the best mod I have done so far ;)

Great bit of engineering Dave, thank you  :)

Thank you Bobby,

I've now got a small queue of people waiting for these so for those who have bought one can you send your old shifter back please, don't forget there is a small refund on return.

Thanks
Dave

2 hours ago, matt1986 said:

Hi Besters.  Do u still sale the short shifter for the mk3 golf vr6 am very interested in this item

Yep sure do, will reply to your PM.

On 26/08/2017 at 0:38 PM, VR6CABBS said:

@besters

Hi Dave,

Do you have any of these available? 

Is there a big difference in the throw? My car hasn't done many miles but was looking for something abit tighter.

Let me know bud.

Thanks

carl

Hi Carl,

The reduction in throw is very noticeable but not too much to introduce a notchy shift. If you're not happy with it just send it back, no probs. I've never had anyone send theirs back yet.

The only problem is I've got 2 in the queue for these already who have paid a deposit. A bigger problem is people don't send their old shifters back in exchange so I struggle to turn these around quickly.

Dave

Hi Carl,

The reduction in throw is very noticeable but not too much to introduce a notchy shift. If you're not happy with it just send it back, no probs. I've never had anyone send theirs back yet.

The only problem is I've got 2 in the queue for these already who have paid a deposit. A bigger problem is people don't send their old shifters back in exchange so I struggle to turn these around quickly.

Dave

Morning Dave,
Thanks for the reply.

I'll see if I can get one to send you if that will speed things up.

Something I also wanted to ask! Would it be possible to reduce the length of the stick by 30mm and extend the length of the screw thread. The reason I ask is because I have a ABT gear knob and due to the length and limited thread it sits very high.

I'd like it to screw down the thread to sit like this.
IMG_4817.JPG

Thanks
Carl