Ebay Turbo Kit?

I have bought a similar package for the 24 valve MK 4, on first inspection everything looks ok, manifold casting is very good and the quality of the turbo charger also looks very good.

Winter will be the fitting of these bits and pieces so I will let you know how good it is when it is on and has been used.

Also, if you contact Toyosport or make a best offer, I got mine for £645 delivered  

me too lol      My trustee mechanic says it is all OK stuff and will do the job, so i am happy to fit and see what happens, same for the clutch and everything else, these will get replaced if and when they give up.

I will try and get some pictures of the stuff in the kit when i am the garage next and post them up.

me too lol      My trustee mechanic says it is all OK stuff and will do the job, so i am happy to fit and see what happens, same for the clutch and everything else, these will get replaced if and when they give up.

I will try and get some pictures of the stuff in the kit when i am the garage next and post them up.

Cheers mate,hope it all goes well! :)

A guy who came the rolling road day had an eBay kit! Turbo didn't last too long, and I've seen cases of the manifold cracking under extreme heat, but I've seen the likes of Jim and jake run these for some time without issue, as long as it doesn't blow and bits go into the engine then all good :) cheap power, but if your reliability then will be interesting see how it pans out. Nothing like a real test though :)

Club Chairman

I see, seems to be a bit hit and miss then.  My car is not a daily so won't be getting a lot of use, however, when it does go out, it goes on track so I hope it can cope with extremes  :unsure:   should be ok  :rolleyes:   if it does turn to shiz I suppose the bulk of the work will be done and only the broken bits will need replacing.

Time will tell.

I see, seems to be a bit hit and miss then. My car is not a daily so won't be getting a lot of use, however, when it does go out, it goes on track so I hope it can cope with extremes :unsure: should be ok :rolleyes: if it does turn to shiz I suppose the bulk of the work will be done and only the broken bits will need replacing.

Time will tell.

Exactly :) can always get a decent turbo / mani when funds allow :) there's been a fair bit of turbo stuff going on here recently too! But for 12v

Club Chairman

I have booked my space in the garage today for mid November, I have the use of the lift and the knowledge of the owner to assist me, most of the modification I will do myself and if I get stuck I have him in the building to assist. I have also booked the guy to fabricate my exhaust, turbo back 3" or 3.5" with a quick change CAT section for MOT!!  once we have everything bolted on I will then decide where we go for mapping/ECU and rolling road dyno, should be straight forward enough.

Have to sort my compression dropping gasket and then we are in business.

I also have some Brembo's lined up for the fronts, price is a bit high at the minute but xmas is coming so he will need the cash, I am sure the price will drop lol..

I am just bolting it on, engine has knocks or rattles, timing chains are quiet too, so it is a bolt on and see.

If the clutch goes I will change it and so on, I am not spending heaps of money on just in case items.  BUT as I said above, my car is not a daily drive so not so important if something does break.

• 4 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/17/2017 at 7:35 PM, Ross newport said:

For 300 miles is that ?

2013 post! He was on about 300lb/ft of torque on the clutch I think, you can do 320-350ish lb/ft on stock generally...for how long though, who knows but general stress points! I'd be interested in seeing how the cast parts like the exh mani on these cheap kits are nowadays.... 4 years since those posts, must have improved surely?

• 2 years later...

I wouldn't bother with one of these mate. You’d just be throwing money down the drain. A lot of that stuff in the kit is such poor quality. Depends what you want tho, if your after a cheep bit of fun and don't care about your car it maybe some cheep fun. But its missing alot of stuff to make it run safe. Im at the end of a turbo build thats taken me 5 years. Ive had that manifold. Unboxed it, in close inspection the casting was very poor and wafer thin. The waste gate port was too small and would need porting to the right size, ended up putting it back in the box and selling it and getting a kinetic manifold instead. Miles different in quality. Also the Chinese AN fittings have poor thread which may work, but comparing to a quality fitting made by Tourques is enough to make me not use them. Also I didnt need to use slim line fans, which looks like a package filler. the boost controller would be questionable. Its missing the down pipe and you would need a chip or software to run it safely. Also engine mounts would need uprating if your going up in boost. Id just steer clear of this kit and sorce quality parts. The turbo could work but wouldnt be a sealed bearing and are usually not balanced. If you want to turbo a vr6 think of a price and tripple it and you might be closer to a realist price.