• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So this has happened over the last two weeks: • I became a father to a beautiful baby girl • I became the proud owner of a mk2 Golf GTi So let's skip the baby part and get onto the part you guys want

So after all that fuss of wanting to sell it, today i ordered the following:   KW V1 coilovers Eibach front and rear anti roll bars Raceland Exhaust Manifold Timing chains and tensioners Sachs clutch

All parts have arrived including the cams, so now it's time to find a weekend with my pal and get it all on the car!!

• 4 weeks later...

So this has happened over the last two weeks:

• I became a father to a beautiful baby girl

• I became the proud owner of a mk2 Golf GTi

So let's skip the baby part and get onto the part you guys want to know about, the 1991 Golf GTi.

Got a text from my pal Matt asking me if I was serious about turbo'ing the mk3, I said yeah course but can't afford to part with £4k at Stealths to do it.

He then said how about a mk2 Golf VR6 with T4 turbo for £1200.

I immediately gave him my money and asked him to get it bought. Luckily for me Matt helped with getting the car brought down etc as I was sitting in the labour ward with my wife for 26hrs so didn't have a chance to do anything lol.

Two weeks and a lot of swearing, fixing, £2k in parts and we have the following:

https://vimeo.com/124336109

That's no exhaust, no lambda sensors, no anything really connected, just enough to get it running. There is still a fair bet left to do, a lot of suspect wiring etc.

I'm going to have a shed load of stuff in the for sale section soon too as I need to make some money back on all this lol!

Hopefully have a better (faster) update for you all soon!!

• 4 months later...