• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So this has happened over the last two weeks: • I became a father to a beautiful baby girl • I became the proud owner of a mk2 Golf GTi So let's skip the baby part and get onto the part you guys want

So after all that fuss of wanting to sell it, today i ordered the following:   KW V1 coilovers Eibach front and rear anti roll bars Raceland Exhaust Manifold Timing chains and tensioners Sachs clutch

All parts have arrived including the cams, so now it's time to find a weekend with my pal and get it all on the car!!

Sounds good bennyk. We'll have to look into that, perhaps try the one where you rolled before and tag the VXROC onto our session this time! Would be good to see the difference our latest mods make. I reckon my hella quads will give me another 5hp possibly 6 if I take your pukka headlight mask Ben.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So had a bit of a moment last week and decided I was going to sell the VR.... Ended up getting a payrise at work and a few other things have all fallen into place.... So now I can keep it..... Yay....

Battery is dead. Booooo.

So I won some Corrado Speedlines on eBay last night...lol.

I've now ordered a new battery for the VR too.

Need to get the ABS controller back on too, had it refurbed by BBA Reman, took a week, cost about £200 including collection, delivery and refurb work.

I have also put a quick release steering wheel hub on, so I need to relocate the horn button to somewhere on the dash....

Hoping to have some of this done before the end of the month, along with raising the coilovers a little bit, I nearly ripped my front bumper off going into a drive..... Plus nearly pulled my exhaust off going over a speed bump....

Just got home from picking up the Corrado Speedlines that I won for £92, got 2 Yoko tyres on and 2 "events", i'm guessing it means that driving with them on it'll be eventful....

Anyway, these wheels are absolutely spotless. Not one curb mark. Happy days. Cant wait to get them on, wanna find some spacers first though....

What a bargain! I think events are about as budget as you can get. Can't complain at that price though!

Oh and let me know how the abs ecu fix goes, need to get mine done.

Was such a simple process, they don't even ask for your money for any of it until they have asessed it. Once it's fixed, you get a lifetime warranty for it.

Nice 1 iceman, dare I ask what profile these tyres are? :-)

Hahaha funny you should say that... Two are 195/50's and two are 195/45's....

I'm wondering if I should refurb them hyper silver and only use them during the summer months, which also means putting some sticky tyres on them too for track days next year....

• 3 weeks later...

So after all that fuss of wanting to sell it, today i ordered the following:

KW V1 coilovers

Eibach front and rear anti roll bars

Raceland Exhaust Manifold

Timing chains and tensioners

Sachs clutch

SFS Silicone hoses

Oil

G12++ coolant

MK4 R32 head gasket

Ermmmmm......

Oh and I'm waiting for someone on here to remove their 263 schimmel cams so I can purchase them.

The plan is to pull the engine out, fit all the parts and replace anything that looks like it needs replacing, refit and then take it for a remap.

This should be fun!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So this weekend has been constructive (at last!), my pal Matt spent all day Saturday putting the KW V1s and Eibach anti roll bars on.

2523b11ed5dc7ff8afa0fd71c37f1ed2.jpg

256e5c5b775d8a8fe9e5df694d394120.jpg

117c45ab91ea96c4048a8e15e97dad78.jpg

Then all day today we have bee prepping the engine bay ready to pull the engine out on Saturday, then the fun begins!!!

922d286fdcfbd6a9eb9f9060d99bc67a.jpg

a8aed19df6c4e39c7665ac99507faf26.jpg

So yeah, my list of things to be done is as follows:

Change coilovers (done)

Fit front anti roll bar (done)

Fit rear anti roll bar (done)

Fit central locking (done)

Remove engine

Fit abs module

Strip engine down (done)

Remove a/c

Fit cams

Fit valve stem seals

Fit clutch

Fit chains

Change gearbox oil

Fit head gasket

Heat wrap manifold

Fit manifold

Fit engine

Fit sfs hoses

Change engine oil

Relocate horn button

So this weekend has been constructive (at last!), my pal Matt spent all day Saturday putting the KW V1s and Eibach anti roll bars on.

2523b11ed5dc7ff8afa0fd71c37f1ed2.jpg

256e5c5b775d8a8fe9e5df694d394120.jpg

117c45ab91ea96c4048a8e15e97dad78.jpg

Then all day today we have bee prepping the engine bay ready to pull the engine out on Saturday, then the fun begins!!!

922d286fdcfbd6a9eb9f9060d99bc67a.jpg

a8aed19df6c4e39c7665ac99507faf26.jpg

So yeah, my list of things to be done is as follows:

Change coilovers (done)

Fit front anti roll bar (done)

Fit rear anti roll bar (done)

Fit central locking (done)

Remove engine

Fit abs module

Strip engine down (done)

Remove a/c

Fit cams