Hi,

I have only had my vr6 about two weeks, and it sits a little high at the front. While doing a couple of jobs on the car yesterday I decided to cut 1 coil out of both front springs with intention of bringing the front down about 20mm.

My problem being, after cutting the coil out the ride height is still the same.

The car has koni shox and eibach springs.

Anyone have any ideas as to why it didn't sit any lower?

IMAG0612_zpsb0023159.jpg

Cheers

AD

Yeah, can't beat a bit of fast and loud cowboy style lowering, yeeha!

Its was meant to be a temp solution.

It doesn't look any lower but I didn't measure it before I did it.

Spring is seated right.

Perhaps it has dropped just buy the the thickness of the spring? 10mm? Doesn't look like it though.

I have just replaced all the springs on my MK iv 4 motion, I replaced stock with GAZ coilovers, to be honest I was surprised that the car did not hit the deck as the front struts were 30mm shorter and then they can be wound down, however it too is sitting high as was the rear.

Today, I have undone and re tightened the rear suspension arms this made the rear sit down better, the fronts I have just driven along a rough'ish piece of road and this seems to have done the trick, must have just bedded everything down as I fitted new top mounts also.

Out of interest, I now have a set of front struts with springs off a 4 motion, perfect working order, just used, would these be of interest to anybody?

Have you been for a drive in your car to see if they go lower?

It should of dropped maybes an inch by chopping a coil off. I used to do it years ago when I was a skint apprentice and there was a noticeable difference :@

Thats what I thought, first time i've cut a pair of springs down, in the past have always just bought a shorter pair.

It's been mentioned that maybe the lower part of the spring I cut off could possibly be just like a helper to locate it.