VR6 turbo question: Spacer

I also thought stacking is a bit suspect, I will be buying a spacer, now, not wanting to sound dim, do I go for 9:1 or 8.5:1 or 8:1 I have no intention of replacing the bottom end on my 24 valve 2.8 and I am not looking for insane BHP, just 400 bhp, this is my target and I have a budget to get it there.

So what compression ratio will i need, why and how do you work it out? Thanks for your help

2mm will get you between 7.5-9:1 depending on gaskets used, whether you have the head/block skimmed etc, 3mm+ too much is what they are getting at.

0.63ar is too small really for a VR6, 0.82 on a T3 will get you a bar of boost at 3500rpm or so but the 0.63 will get you a torque monster but choke up top and not help with the torque transfer through the 02A. Not bad for 400hp or so though.

That intercooler is far too small too, if it's RHD and mk3 get an SPA turbo manifold and std type intercooler, something like this maybe?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-STARLET-EP82-1996-1999-EP91-TURBO-HATCHBACK-FRONT-MOUNT-INTERCOOLER-KIT-/151105476385?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3AStarlet&hash=item232e969721

You want something that can flow 600cfm+ (450hp), as a VRT will do that at about 1bar or so, that one above is a decent one to fit under the bumper on a mk3, some good fmic Scooby ones too but a bit of cutting and fitting on all non VRT specific ones.