• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally something good! Got my wheels back today! I bought them thinking I could just fit them but when I went to get the tyres fitted it turned out all 4 were properly buckled, 1 was possibly usable

They are obliged to refund you as the part was wrong if it wasn't wrong it would not have got damaged that is your consumer right. THEY KNOW THAT SO KICK UP SHIT AND GET YOUR MONEY BACK

That doesn't necessarily mean anythings mixing, You could just need to take it for a really long drive to boil off any condensation in the engine.

Genuine VW ones are Valeo

The one I removed was valeo, I think the cheaper option at gsf is valeo the hella behr one was £47 which is what makes it so much more annoying that it doesn't fit

EDIT I think I'm wrong the only valeo one I can find for sale online is £67!

Edited by Lozi

The heater matrix saga continues, I really think this car just isn't meant to be.

I managed to get a lift today to try and get another new matrix, went to VW first but with a price of £171.50 I swiftly left there and went to euro car parts. They said they had one in stock then left me standing there for 20 minutes only to then say oh actually no we haven't! So I thought sod it back to gsf where they had one but said it will be the same as the one that didn't fit, it wasn't so they said the first one I got must have been the wrong part but I can't return it as the fins are damaged where I tried to fit it.

I bought the new one anyway because I really need one and it also looked like it would fit in the hole which after getting home and comparing to the old one it seemed it would, luckily when comparing I noticed the pipes are different so it's not going to fit either

The two gsf ones which should be the same, the one on the left is the first one I bought that wouldn't go in the hole

image_zps0b14b884.jpg

image_zps1b764a25.jpg

The first gsf one I bought and the leaky valeo one that was in the car

image_zpsda4fe257.jpg

A crap pic of the valeo one with the gsf one behind it to show the larger bit at the base that prevented it from fitting

image_zps2825321e.jpg

I also noticed that the bits where the clips for heater cables clip to the heater box are all broken which would explain why the cables were so bodged or not fitted, now I need to try to get hold of half a heater box aswell!

Pretty pissed off!

Dam man. Really gutted for you as you really are putting your heart and soul in this so it seems. Well, you were at the start it seemed.  Shame about all the issues with the matrix's and all, but one silver lining, at least you noticed the pipes were different before fitting the new one! 

Wish you some good luck for this :) 

Dam man. Really gutted for you as you really are putting your heart and soul in this so it seems. Well, you were at the start it seemed.  Shame about all the issues with the matrix's and all, but one silver lining, at least you noticed the pipes were different before fitting the new one! 

Wish you some good luck for this :)

I'm losing interest pretty fast now if it has heating and a dash In it at the weekend then I'll give it another chance, annoyingly I ordered new wings, sills and inner and outer rear arches for it last week lol

That's what I thought with the pipes I could have been £100 out of pocket still without a matrix lol gsf won't refund one that's been fitted

I'm losing interest pretty fast now if it has heating and a dash In it at the weekend then I'll give it another chance, annoyingly I ordered new wings, sills and inner and outer rear arches for it last week lol

That's what I thought with the pipes I could have been £100 out of pocket still without a matrix lol gsf won't refund one that's been fitted

I dont blame you for one second with that mate. Hopefully they will be back and working though. Be shame too see it go to a waste.  And that my friend, is called sods law haha

A mate of mine who works at a different parts placed phone hella today for me and the first one they sold me came back as for an Audi so it is the wrong part.

The second one however came back as correct for a RHD car when it's a LHD part so that may be a labelling fuck up at hella

The pressure is off with the vento now as I have this

image_zps43f6f21e.jpg

Puma powered fiesta with big brakes, avo coilovers, fiesta turbo recaros etc... Great fun!

It's my sisters weekend fun car but she doesn't use it in the winter so I chucked some tax on it and now I'm chucking it about lol

It has made it possible for me to get about to sort bits for the vento so

New wings, sills and inner/outer arch repair panels

image_zps89325c22.jpg

Yet another heater matrix, this one fits!

image_zps068950f1.jpg

Went to the scrappy today to get a heater box, unfortunately they closed just after I got the dash out the car lol

I did manage to get all this crap out of a mk3.5 cabriolet as I'm sure I read somewhere the switches light up a different colour, don't think I will be able to use the switches for the lights as the cabriolet had no fogs and my car does but I thought May aswell get this lot in case as it all cost next to nothing.

image_zps8a52f285.jpg

This also arrived from Germany last week, early vento grill

image_zps724810da.jpg

Here's a pic of the heap looking abandoned with a flat tyre bless it

image_zpse692bda9.jpg

Mate if I'd of known earlier I just binned a perfectly good heater box!!! Scrapped the car as had no interest in it frustrating!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's always the way, I have messaged no end of people who are breaking cars but nobody seems interested in selling me one. I only need the small part with the heater core and flaps in it.

I did mine on the Vento years ago but didn't have any hassle getting the right one(GSF), also don't remember having issues getting it out. was a long time ago though, took about 6 hours. Perseverance

Pete

It didn't actually take me long to get it out the only issue I had was the air con heater box is massive so there isn't room to get it put without moving the knee bar, the solution was a nice and simple get the grinder out! My favourite kind if solution!

I Think the 3.5 cabby switches etc light up red. I've been lookin round my local scrappys for one so I can get all the same stuff but haven't had any look :(Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

We have got an awesome scrappy here there was at least 10 mk3's in there today including an estate and a VR, cabby was the first car I saw as I walked in lol the best thing is they don't stack cars there and they always have interesting quirky old cars to nose about in lol

Great news mate. Will all be worth it in the end! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It had better be worth it lol

Just read through your thread. 

Its a real pain putting wright other peoples bodges, I've had cars that have been similar.

Your doing a good job of sorting it out by the looks of it.

It must be a relief now having sorted your matrix problem.

I am getting a wet drivers foot well. I'm hoping its blocked drain holes and not the matrix. Really should check it out.

Keep up the good work.