Ive got a heaterbox if u need 1 bud. Its jus sat in my shed doing nothin Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Thanks I think I may have sorted one now but I will bear that in mind!

Just read through your thread. 

Its a real pain putting wright other peoples bodges, I've had cars that have been similar.

Your doing a good job of sorting it out by the looks of it.

It must be a relief now having sorted your matrix problem.

I am getting a wet drivers foot well. I'm hoping its blocked drain holes and not the matrix. Really should check it out.

Keep up the good work.

It's nice to have a matrix that fits but it will be really nice once I have got a new heater box and put it all back in!

Can you smell coolant in the car? Unfortunately it probably is your matrix lol

I went back to scrappy today to finish getting a heater box out, I nearly had it out and a bit broke off it! Just my luck lol

Didn't want to go home empty handed to liberated the clocks from a mk3.5 cabby, I will either get an rpm converter or try to make 1 set of clocks out of a mixture of the cabby ones and my VR ones

32DE9C96-928F-4F54-B0C9-F544C6029118_zps

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally something good! Got my wheels back today! I bought them thinking I could just fit them but when I went to get the tyres fitted it turned out all 4 were properly buckled, 1 was possibly usable

They are obliged to refund you as the part was wrong if it wasn't wrong it would not have got damaged that is your consumer right. THEY KNOW THAT SO KICK UP SHIT AND GET YOUR MONEY BACK

That doesn't necessarily mean anythings mixing, You could just need to take it for a really long drive to boil off any condensation in the engine.

It's nice to have a matrix that fits but it will be really nice once I have got a new heater box and put it all back in!

Can you smell coolant in the car? Unfortunately it probably is your matrix lol

Na can't smell coolant, but I am loosing some, it has a leak from the radiator so can't tell if it is only loosing from the radiator or the radiator and the matrix lol.

congrates on getting the 2nd car (Y) not a bad one either by the sounds of it :)

Bet that has relieved a load of pressure?

Good luck with the new matrix etc though. Will turn out alright :)

Yeah it's a little beast it would give the vr a run for its money!

It has relieved the pressure but it's also taken away any urgency so the car will be back on the road probably 2 weeks later than it would have been. I have sent all my clocks and switches etc away for modding so even if I do fix it I won't have a speedo or lights lol

Did a little more on the vento today, I can't really do to much due to health issues but I am chipping away at it lol

I bought another heater box due to bits being broken off mine

B8E3DD68-25A1-469F-9104-8628A195556C_zps

But unfortunately and not at all surprisingly bits were broken off the inside and outside, I guess the courier firm kicked it around abit lol

41398CFD-C851-4D38-AE30-84B95C92BD52_zps

So I was left with no choice but to use my old one, I managed to get the cables clipped on using some cunning which negated the need for the new one but the foam on the flap was still ruined so I peeled the remainder off

F4BF5718-9C41-4FE1-AD8F-C6EDD9525F53_zps

And then using some lagging tape I had left over from when I was a beer engineer....

1DF176BE-F5AD-47D2-B7BD-4AF33D3AAD4E_zps

.......I recovered it, I'm unsure how well this will work but I guess time will tell and I will probably have the dash back out in a few weeks because it's failed lol

468F50D1-69ED-4350-AD7A-BC8BFEEF4351_zps

I got the heater box back together and bolted up then started the car which revealed no leaks but I couldn't get the heater blower to work, it got dark so I will continue tomorrow

Question. Why only half?

I will use the slats off it to de badge my other grill.

It's the only way to achieve a badgeless early vento grill and in my opinion it's the best look but not all that common because of the cost and work involved.

Finally something good! Got my wheels back today!

I bought them thinking I could just fit them but when I went to get the tyres fitted it turned out all 4 were properly buckled, 1 was possibly usable if put on the rear but even that wasn't recommended.

They had been sat in boxes at my house for a few weeks prior so I decided instead of contacting the seller I would just bite the bullet and get them sorted.

After going to 3 wheel places I was losing hope as they all said they wouldn't touch them because they are splined bolt splits and they were so buckled they were scrap so I should just not bother wasting my time with them.

I ended up at Northampton Welding as the other wheel places said he can fix any wheel so was worth a try, he was sound, was fully up for taking them on and he was very reasonably priced so I thought fuck it lets do this lol

I got him to straighten them and tidy them up, split them and get them re painted then rebuild them with new bolts and nuts and stretch the tyres on.

I went for gloss black dishes with matt black centers and gold bolts, I went and picked them up after work today and I'm really pleased with them I can't wait to get them on the car!

Here's some crap pics at the wheel place I will get some better ones in daylight

C4323A6F-4861-4BB0-95DB-41DEA315957E_zps

080D382F-BD43-4CEC-B298-E49DFAF14B23_zps

Nice cant wait to see them on the car

I'm literally excited they will be the first interesting thing I have done to the car, I'm sick of fixing it now I want to start modding! Lol

Are they BBS RC041's from an e36 bmw?

Yes mate

Another classic day with this car, went to fit the wheels today which I have been looking forward to all week but obviously something was going to go wrong...

To be fair I probably should have checked but when I got the bolts out to put the adapters on it turns out I only got 9 bolts with them not the 20 required.

I fitted one wheel though so here's some pics of it as it came off the jack (the camera on my iPhone is shit lol)

E7C202D2-BCD6-457D-9EB6-6CA6FB1AA4C8_zps

CF164CC0-C1FA-4E7A-9E0A-768A9B7C3E2A_zps

35CAC4DC-D1D7-4FE5-B363-B79EFE4B9CF6_zps

It was the first time I had taken a wheel off this car so gave me a chance to see what coilovers are on it, the are yellow but I doubt they are spax as spax are decent lol any ideas what they are?

9FA7F867-E6F4-4A5E-B00D-2D2C98A37697_zps

54CEB732-1301-486B-A132-E66487E78AD6_zps

And then it was time to get the dash back in after weeks without one, after a few finishing touches to the heater box and wiring I slotted the dash in to find once fitted there is a massive gap between the dash and the windscreen....

That was enough for me so I left it for another day nothing is ever straight forward with this car I can't see a reason why the dash won't fit correctly.

8FAE7E1F-BD93-410B-AC85-49BB6B9E81F7_zps

A7B2FC5F-391C-4E8C-9DC1-5DE0C0D1EC60_zps

Look like fk's pal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you may be right! The cheapest ones by the look of it lol

After 15 odd years of playing with my own cars and being in the motor trade I've found out that nothing ever runs smoothly when working on your own car!! Good luck with getting the wheels on soon, they look great!

I have never had a car that's been this much of a pain before everything I touch something happens or there's an issue caused by previous retard owners.

I'm hoping the wheels will be on at the weekend and dare I say it I will be driving it about, fingers crossed

those wheels are brill! Glad you got them sorted though. Sits a nice hight as well on them.

Good to hear that the dash is going back in (slowly)

Keep it up though man. I seem to have stopped on mine..haha

Yeah I'm pretty pleased with them, I will run lower than that hopefully that's just how it came off the jack so not even settled.

I have sent all my switches/clocks etc to be modified so I can't really finish the dash till they are back, in reality it's cold out and I can't be bothered lol

Your thread has turned into a workshop manual/brakes discussion lol

I got my bolts back which have been machined for the adapters so I fitted the wheels, I don't really like them now they are on the car lol

I put the drivers seat in and took it for a drive and it smells of burning and none of the windows work, the motors make a sound but the windows don't move at all which is strange.

Pics

8F9503A1-6E99-4545-B0CA-F19114EBB2AF_zps

40C6886D-5675-425D-96B3-69CFF831CAE1_zps

6AF3F7DA-4C45-451D-A89B-977BFB04B889_zps

64C74420-1320-405B-9492-05BA0F9AC77A_zps

4AC6DD05-4461-43A4-A1FD-AD12136CB70C_zps

7679EE72-0A6E-49E4-B50B-5B11B359CF61_zps

At the front one side seems to poke more than the other

EB6561DF-C5CE-478A-8BA3-1245FD969E20_zps

E5BAD854-41E4-4C65-A9EB-5C594F44D06D_zps

Strange how one side pokes more than other. Are they both the same offset and the previous owner didn't just wreck one wheel and replace it with an ebay cheapie?

They look really smart imo though. The black goes well against the green, and that gold :wub:

No the wheel is legit I think it's due to alignment

Yea I think they suit the dark green vento too

I like the colour but I think they look to big in pics, looks better in the flesh

Edited by Lozi