Sucks dude :/ have you got any comeback on em?Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

To be honest I can't be bothered with the hassle I'm just going to bite the bullet and get them sorted.

Thats bull, any change they're repairable? Gutted for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well pristine wheels said no way we aren't touching them lol

Luckily there's a guy in Northampton who is shit hot and cheap so he is sorting it for me.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally something good! Got my wheels back today! I bought them thinking I could just fit them but when I went to get the tyres fitted it turned out all 4 were properly buckled, 1 was possibly usable

They are obliged to refund you as the part was wrong if it wasn't wrong it would not have got damaged that is your consumer right. THEY KNOW THAT SO KICK UP SHIT AND GET YOUR MONEY BACK

That doesn't necessarily mean anythings mixing, You could just need to take it for a really long drive to boil off any condensation in the engine.

sometimes it can do the due to damp weather my old vr did it and thats still going 4 years later

My mate showed me inside the cap on his 8v gti mk4 and it's much worse than mine he rekons it's to do with the crappy seal on the cap and blocked breathers

My mate showed me inside the cap on his 8v gti mk4 and it's much worse than mine he rekons it's to do with the crappy seal on the cap and blocked breathers

After i got mine i noticed oil on the cap, but after driving it 40 miles it was not there. Just needed a long drive. Like others have said already. 

Gutted on the wheels too mate. Hope they can be fixed on the cheap for you. Need a bit of good news coming your way :D 

After i got mine i noticed oil on the cap, but after driving it 40 miles it was not there. Just needed a long drive. Like others have said already.

Gutted on the wheels too mate. Hope they can be fixed on the cheap for you. Need a bit of good news coming your way :D

People do say green cars are bad luck but I think this is top of the tree is definitely cursed, I think I need to change the thread title to the omen lol

I decided today to take the passenger air bag and lower glovebox off so I could investigate what is going on with my heater controls, I ended up removing all the vents etc in perpetration to take the dash out weekend. I also put a resister into the plug for the passenger airbag so I can replace it with a glove box.

Now with literally everything I touch on this car unsurprisingly I found bodges!

Firstly I took the airbag and glove box off, can you spot the first problem

image_zpsb4ffc585.jpg

Yep there's one of the heater cables not going to anything lol I haven't found where it goes yet

image_zps0c6c8e9e.jpg

Here's the other one that controls where the heat is directed, a cable tie instead of a clip and the outer casing has come free. It's easy to see why that part of the controls does nothing at all lol

image_zpsa1d07413.jpg

Another cable tie indicates someone's been in here messing about, you can see the heater ducting isn't lined up very well it was pretty much only halfway lined up before I moved it to there

image_zpsb48ed219.jpg

The aerial for the stereo has seen better days

image_zpsd283d6de.jpg

A nice collection of Radom lengths of cable taped up

image_zps3fd4d464.jpg

I fitted a resister in place of the air bag so the light didn't come on and the drivers airbag would still work, reconnected the battery and turned the ignition on hoping for correct airbag light function.

I was greeted by no light at all so I popped off the plastic that houses the light to be greeted by this

image_zps5dab5f3c.jpg

No bulb for the airbag at all and somebody has trimmed the inside and wedged a bulb in for the ABS the just shoved the wires into the plug with some packing tape.

This car was wearing thin on me weeks ago I really am losing love for it now, everything I touch has a bodge on it where will it end.

Keep at it, you'll get to a point where the previous owner didn't interfere with anything. Can understand it must feel like one step forward then three steps back at the moment!

I think it would need to be a totally different car before that happened lol

Boring parts collection update, for my future reference more than anything lol

Some people may not think its worth it but because of this...

image_zpsf19dadb5.jpg

I have bought this

image_zps0305f53a.jpg

Which annoyingly came with an upper glove box, annoying because I bought one last week to replace my airbag

I also got this to replace the bodged warning lights and clips to replace cable ties on heater cables

image_zpsfb200182.jpg

OEM heater matrix rad and pollen filter

image_zps397f97a8.jpg

I guess that means dash out this weekend, I have run out of excuses to put it off now. It will be nice to have a heater!

These also arrived today for my wheels, gold bolts and zinc nuts

image_zps2094d38d.jpg

My wheels are currently getting straightened but I'm finding it hard to find somebody to split them and re paint them for me, the guy straightening them is saying he may do it but it seems wheel places avoid doing these wheels lol

Edited by Lozi

Have you tried the wheel specislists in fakenham? My friend had a set split dipped and sprayed, and he said their knowledge was awesomeSent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I've always loved saying that place, fakenham! It may be worth a shot but these splits have splined bolts which makes them an asshole to do apparently.

Pristine wheels said they were a bugger when they were new let alone when old and corroded.

Edited by Lozi

had a terrible weekend with this car once again nothing is going rite so....

IF ANYBODY WANTS IT FOR A DONER CAR OR WHATEVER MAKE ME AN OFFER!

I have spent the weekend trying to change the heater matrix and it hasn't gone well as per usual with this car!

After a couple hours messing about with it yesterday I got to this point

image_zpsc7299f80.jpg

Up to that point things were going well but then it came to actually getting the matrix out where it all started to go wrong! I left it as it started to get dark and continued today.

The knee bar was in the way so I couldn't pull the heater box back far enough so I undid the bolts but still joy due to the column so this happened

image_zpsf2939628.jpg

With the bolts ground off the knee bar was free to move which allowed plenty of room to get the old matrix out, luckily the expensive oem matrix doesn't fit.

It's real tight in the hole and after trying to persuade it in its now ruined and I need another so my daily driver now looks like this inside

image_zpsa39c3a21.jpg

I think I have had enough nothing goes to plan so now I'm walking to work tomorrow! I should have been putting the finishing touches on the dash now but instead I'm in the house pissed off!

Here's a few more pics of random crap I found today

More bundled up cable

image_zpsca59dad4.jpg

Random bulb

image_zps25d27f8f.jpg

Leafy pollen filter, actually looked like it had been changed at some point which is surprising!

image_zpsdfaf6956.jpg

Bane of my life

image_zpseccb1faa.jpg

Edited by Lozi

Dont do it :'( they are a nightmare of a job but think how nice and warm you'll be when its in :)Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I was looking forward to warmth lol hopefully I can get a matrix that fits properly and it all goes back together nicely as it's treading on very thin ice at the moment I really annoyed with it.

Jesus f*****g christ, what is it with this car?! Sleep on it, you'll feel better (hopefully) about it tomorrow

It's definitely cursed! I haven't even looked underneath it yet, not sure I dare to be honest.

I definitely won't feel better about it tomorrow as I'm walking to work.

Gutted for you mate. Try to look at it as when it's done it's one of the worst jobs you could face with the car and you'll never have to do it again, so it all gets easier from here. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If the matrix fitted then the dash would probably be back in now and I would be slightly happier.

Would be nice to do some modding instead of fixing it all the time and correcting bodges.

How come the matrix doesn't fit? Was it a genuine or aftermarket part? Have you thought about getting a cheap run around to use as a daily, as at the moment the Vento isn't playing ball. I remember when I had non stop problems with my abs i was on the verge or torching the car, but I persevered and got it sorted.  

The random bulb-wouldn't surprise me if that was bodged into the abs light, and the bundled up cable looks like some weird amp speaker wire hybrid. Whoever owned this car before you has done an A1 job of bodging everything they touched, what a shame.

Given the time i'm sure you can get all the problems ironed out!  :)

How come the matrix doesn't fit? Was it a genuine or aftermarket part? Have you thought about getting a cheap run around to use as a daily, as at the moment the Vento isn't playing ball. I remember when I had non stop problems with my abs i was on the verge or torching the car, but I persevered and got it sorted.  

The random bulb-wouldn't surprise me if that was bodged into the abs light, and the bundled up cable looks like some weird amp speaker wire hybrid. Whoever owned this car before you has done an A1 job of bodging everything they touched, what a shame.

Given the time i'm sure you can get all the problems ironed out!  :)

The matrix is a hella behr one so genuine, there's a metal bit at the bottom which is too big for the the hole the core itself fits just the bit at the top and base are slightly to big to go in.

I have thought about getting another car but I will never finish this if I do as I would just start modding the daily it's happened before lol

Jesus the last owner was a total f@cktard

Tell me about it, it's only going to get worse the more I dig aswell I fear.