• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally something good! Got my wheels back today! I bought them thinking I could just fit them but when I went to get the tyres fitted it turned out all 4 were properly buckled, 1 was possibly usable

They are obliged to refund you as the part was wrong if it wasn't wrong it would not have got damaged that is your consumer right. THEY KNOW THAT SO KICK UP SHIT AND GET YOUR MONEY BACK

That doesn't necessarily mean anythings mixing, You could just need to take it for a really long drive to boil off any condensation in the engine.

• 2 weeks later...

Certainly coming along nicely man. 

Know what you mean about the bodging thing. Mine is the first car ive owned where most of the fixes are bodges...Im getting more worried everytime i work on it. 

However, congratulations on not giving up B)  Keep it up. 

Ohhh...and the doors look immaculate!  Good find man! 

• 4 weeks later...

Certainly coming along nicely man. 

Know what you mean about the bodging thing. Mine is the first car ive owned where most of the fixes are bodges...Im getting more worried everytime i work on it. 

However, congratulations on not giving up B)  Keep it up. 

Ohhh...and the doors look immaculate!  Good find man! 

That's the problem with old cars the chances are at least one idiot has owned it in its life, mines been owned by many idiots I think lol

The doors are very clean and only a 10er each complete, one is pretty dented but rust free

I'm struggling abit at the moment as it's my daily and it currently has no door cards, no stereo, the heater controls for temperature and where it comes out are not doing what they are supposed to do and the heater matrix has let go! I have had to bypass it for the time being which is ideal seeing as it's getting cold out lol

On the plus side I have ordered some tyres so the bbs should be on the car next weekend.

I'm struggling abit at the moment as it's my daily and it currently has no door cards, no stereo, the heater controls for temperature and where it comes out are not doing what they are supposed to do and the heater matrix has let go! I have had to bypass it for the time being which is ideal seeing as it's getting cold out lol

On the plus side I have ordered some tyres so the bbs should be on the car next weekend.

Sod's law with the matrix, always this time of year, in similar events 2 of my home radiators burst recently. Just in time for cold weather and then my boiler packed up too lol.

It's not a mega bad job. There's a guide on here in knowledge vault :) always a weak point the matrix, but once it's done, it's done :)

Club Chairman

I've got some leather door cards from a Vento mate just sitting in my shed. There's a little damage on 1 of them but I've been told you can't notice it once there on there also missing the pockets at the bottom but if you have some they just screw in. I've never fitted them because my mk3 is a 3dr and obviously don't fit. I just got them with my CC leather that came out a lads Vento on my local forum.

You can have them if you just pay for the postage? There just gonna go to the tip when I clear my shed out. Let me know

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

Bad times dude heater matrix couldnt of picked a better time to go :-/. Sound like your having fun with it lolSent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Yeah tell me about it lol also to demist the screen I have to use the air con so that makes it even colder lol

Sod's law with the matrix, always this time of year, in similar events 2 of my home radiators burst recently. Just in time for cold weather and then my boiler packed up too lol.

It's not a mega bad job. There's a guide on here in knowledge vault :) always a weak point the matrix, but once it's done, it's done :)

Club Chairman

To be honest I went for the full membership so I could use said guide lol and also because I wanted a tax disc holder lol

It doesn't seem to bad of a job in the guide but I'm still not looking forward to it! I also noticed the guide is non ac and my car has ac so I'm not sure what difference that will make.

I've got some leather door cards from a Vento mate just sitting in my shed. There's a little damage on 1 of them but I've been told you can't notice it once there on there also missing the pockets at the bottom but if you have some they just screw in. I've never fitted them because my mk3 is a 3dr and obviously don't fit. I just got them with my CC leather that came out a lads Vento on my local forum.

You can have them if you just pay for the postage? There just gonna go to the tip when I clear my shed out. Let me know

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

Pm sent

Shame about the heater matrix, my corrado one went during that right bad winter two years ago and I ended up bolting the car back together at 11pm in a snow storm.

Also love ventos,my brother has a belting dragon green vr one so itd be nice to see yours minted again too

I think I may tackle it this weekend I'm just not that motivated with it at the moment, I also love ventos but not this one currently lol

Just found this, bugger

image_zps0c6fc71b.jpg

If the headgasket is gone I think I will get a 2.9 put in there as it needs chains and a gearbox aswell really so would probably be cheaper.

On the plus side (plus side being rare with this car) these arrived today

image_zpsfe157329.jpg

So at least I can get my wheels fitted

That doesn't necessarily mean anythings mixing, You could just need to take it for a really long drive to boil off any condensation in the engine.

That's what happened with mine actually so worth checking.

Also the oil coolers are common to fail and cause the same symptoms.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't thing the headgasket is gone now after talking to few people about it.

BUT the good news doesn't last long!

Just went to get the tyres fitted to my bbs only to find out all 4 are square, properly buckled can't fit them!

They are so bent that if I didn't pay 300 odd quid for them I would find it hilarious it's crazy.