1995 corrado vr6 engine -fusebox loom plugs

Hi, new to the forum but I have been recommended to join up.

I have a 95 plate corrado vr6, the engine was shot when I got it so it now has a vr6 turbo engine installed, now the problem I have is I removed the original corrado engine to fusebox loom in exchange for the loom with the turbo engine as the plug for the already turbo ECU was different to the corrado's.

Anyhow it seems the loom I fitted has been damaged, so I have reverted back to the original corrado engine to fusebox loom (still with me lol)

Now the engine turns over and fires up then dies, could this be an immobilised issue?

I have done a search on google etc, but what I would realy like is a very simple explanation as to where each plug goes into the fuse box, the 3 large white plugs are straight forward, but I have single and twin wire plugs lose and cant remember where they go! and im getting myself confused due to the amount of info online.

So, wire colour with plug colour and where it plugs into the fuse box. Pics would be handy if poss.

Or if there is anybody close to Aldershot Hampshire that is good with wireing and wants beer money they are welcome to show me in persone!

Many thanks.

Hiya, and welcome to the forum :)

It could be as simple as the immobilizer, sounds suspect..... If you have VCDS / VAG-COM you can easily confirm this by checking your DTC's, and see if there is a fault code stating "Engine Blocked by immobilizer"

If it is, then that could be your problem.

the imob box / chip and ECU should be matched, and there is a transponder that sits on your ignition barrel.

Its probably easier to have it deleted from the ECU, its about 80 quid and can be done by Stealth Racing or United Motorsport.

Also worth posting the ECU number too and we can tell you if it has the immobilizer function built in.

Do you have access to VCDS / VAG-COM?