Swivelonit's MK 4 VR6T 4 Motion

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

bbbbbbbbbbbb brembo, its the wierd shiver stutter i get when i say things like cccccccccccc carbon ceramic, sssssssss silicon carbide or aaaaaaaaaaaaa akebono

630cc/min and 60lb/hr are the same thing.   You will need to use them on this, as pretty much everything else doesn't fit. We have off the shelf software for these injectors.   We are currently workin

Most awesome words arranged in a sentence award.

Golf has been to Bedford this weekend to take part in How Fast again, competition was fierce with a 510 horse power Skoda Yeti taking the win, covering 1.8 miles in a mere 1 minute 24 seconds, my fat Golf managed a 1 minute 31 so a fair bit slower, I did bag 5th overall out of 18 cars.

17367025662_0e0b4dbf30_b.jpg

16746457504_885837fce7_b.jpg

Two things were highlighted at Bedford, the need to loose more weight and the need to introduce more power!

I was going to fit the spacer plate and run more boost along with new injectors and a map however I feel the head spacer is a band aid and not a good modification even though it is a much cheaper option than buying rods and pistons to do the same thing.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Water injection?

More camber with adjustable ball joints or camber bolts at front

Mk4 r32 head to have larger valves larger ports as standard

Let me read through thread and add some more

Already running a turbo with a low boost map, only 5 psi on stock internals, currently has 280bhp and about the same NM.

Engine is AUE and I have polybushed the front end, not touched the rear end as there are so many bushes to do, it would take me forever, no play in them so left them well alone.

I went after some TT lower wishbones as these are different to the pressed tin ones fitted as standard.

I am not going R32 head, I don't see the point, I have done the low boost set up and I have to say the power delivery is good, low down torque complimented by a bit of boost just when it is needed all for relatively low cash outlay.

I already have a short runner so no need for the VAG intakes.

My next step will be the final step, once it is done it is done, handling will then be on the cards. The goal is circa 400 bhp as this will be ample and still drivable on track.

My shopping list is as follows;

GT35r turbo 0.82

Asnu Injectors 

Rods

Pistons

Larger intercooler

Map

That is it, nothing more, I have a spare engine in the garage so I will keep my low boost set up just in case my Lad wants it in his Lupo lol.

Work will begin once I have moved house in July.

Edited by Swivelonit

I went after some TT lower wishbones as these are different to the pressed tin ones fitted as standard.

You can adjust camber with the Tt ones?

Eventually I want to fit them to my mk3 as there stronger but need to find the type with the stub for the drop links

Wear and tear if you intend on keeping it??

Where did you get the short runner manifold fromfor the aue? Is it same as the later bde engine?

I do not use the Golf everyday so I guess it would be many years before I wear out a timing chain, I have a BMW for running about.  I am sure a timing chain kit can be sourced or just swap the engine for another variant of the 2.8 VR, they are cheap enough.

The short runner I bought from TurboParts.DE   I assume it is the same as the BDE as it bolted straight on with no issue.

TT wishbones will make setting up for track much easier than the standard wishbones.

Been watch this thread for a while now, not sure if I've commented though. Impressed with the work you've done and the abuse you are giving it. My Bora is going in the same direction but I have an R32 lump in it now.

I've just bought 2 sets of these to get my alignment perfect and provide maximum adjustability:

http://www.ttforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=682849#p4485905

Liking the rear tie bars but I want to concentrate on the front end first, camber and caster adjustment, as understeer is creeping in now the forward speeds are higher. I find the rear very sure footed and there is very little drama when on track, usually a good stab on the brakes trail braking to the apex, back end goes a little light and then straight on the power, this gives a nice slight slide out to the exit of the corner and that is it!

I have spun the car in the wet at Oulton Park and Cadwell park but never in the dry, it just grips and pushes the car forward, without going to the great expense of Haldex controllers I believe geometry settings will reduce understeer and allow a little more over steer to live things up a bit.

I am leaving it as is for now, it is going to a full track day at Rockingham on June 21st, this is in conjunction with the Briskoda National meet, this means not only will there be cars on track but polished cars and other broken suspension and shiny things will be on show in other areas of the circuit, worth a look if any of you guys want to go?

Thanks for your comments so far and I will update the post when things start happening in earnest.