mk4 VR6 Oil + Brakes

Hey guys just curious what everyone thinks the best possible oil could be for my car. I know its a silly question but I'm curious what other people are using, I used castrol syntec 5w-40 after buying the car at 100k, but I'm thinking about switching to Liqui Moly Top Tec 4100 and was wondering if anyone could recommend one over the other or something better? Few specifics: no altitude, 90-100 degree summer days lately, engine runs great tranny is another story...

On another note I upgraded my rotors and pads to ECS drilled/slotted + Akebono Euro pads. I didnt change brake lines or caliper parts, my brakes are amazing but the pads shift a tiny bit I can hear them click when I brake going in reverse. Would changing the calipers possibly fix it? I wanted to just clean them and paint them they work fine. Otherwise what pads do people use with drilled/slotted in here? I dont like hearing any noise from my wheelwells...

• 6 months later...

In my car, I run mobil1 full synthetic euro formula 5-40. If tried a few other brands and IMO, mobil1 seems to make my car run the smoothest.

As for your clunking sound, I wanna say that there's little clips that fit on the end of the pads to make them fit snug in the caliper. When I did my brakes, the pad supplier put those in the box. Didn't have to use them cause every thing fit pretty snug.