oh wow' date=' that looks amazing :D and some good expected power there!

It's about time VW do something special again, the range has been a little bland since the R32 ....

[/quote']

Too right, I thought that VW had stopped making na 6 cylinders since the mk5, replacing it with the turbo'd 4 bangers. I'd love to see what could be extracted out of a modern take on the vr6 though!

Probably likely for the American or Far East market like Russia or china where emissions and mpg don't mean a thing, I've seen this from a few sources so the development must be going on, but also you have to consider all of the brands etc that make up the group, you could feasibly see this engine in a Porsche cayenne turbo and it would be an emissions and economy improvement aswell as significantly downsizing the engine whilst retaining peak figures, which is the trend now.

I'd love to see that released ;) plus i think with the emmissions laws and all that would be fine. look at BMW theyve chopped the engine size down from a 5.0 V10 back down to a 4.0 twin turbo'd V8 o reduce the emmisions so i reckon a 3.0 twin turbo'd V6 who be fine ;)

Come on VW get it on the market NOOOWWWW

• 1 month later...

I e-mailed VW Motorsport about this for more info but unfortunately they didn't get back to me! Might have been the fact I inferred that they were being led by the bean counters and not developing true motorsport engines!

Wonder if they took the hint to make sure that it features in the new top of the range Golf VRTT?

• 7 months later...