It's your Club, So make the most of it!

Hi All' date='

We would like to understand why there is a lack of people who engage on the forums and attending events.

There are currently 489 paying members on here, and not many of you contributing to the club / forum, or wishing to take part in the events / shows that we run.....

If you have "purchased" a product, you generally make use of it, same goes with Memberships / Subscriptions etc....

So, in order to better understand what our members want, and to find out where we are going wrong, I have some questions for you :) please be honest, and lets get some constructive discussions going.

1) Are we doing anything wrong? Nope..

2) What is preventing you from contributing to the forum.. I do when I can :)

3) What is preventing you from attending our events ... I work away a lot! So weekends are home events enough (with exception of a daytrip the OC event :D ).. I was nervous on the first one I did... after all I didnt know y'all

4) How are you making the most of being part of a Club? For me... help when I need it... I post when I can... and Insurance Discount :D

Pete

[/quote']

• 3 weeks later...

I am quite new here, I also have a MK 4, which makes me a bit of an imposter lol.

However, to summarise, I also run a photography forum and am a member of Briskoda, both forums offer great days out and meets, but both forums have a night mare to get people to attend.

Briskoda has 98837 members and we currently have 8 people going to Oulton Park, we have a national mega meet with a big turn out on the 28th July but on the whole it is difficult to get people to meets.

The photography forum, I arranged a landscape meet for 20 people, it is in the highlands of Scotland, we would stay in a sleeps 20 stately home for 7 nights and tuition was included, all of this for £110!!! 4 people stepped up to the plate, so it was cancelled.

I hope to be more involved in VR6OC as my MK 4 progresses, after spending £1700 on parts so far I will be keeping it for a while! I will also join the club and pay my fees too, hope to be at some meets at least.

Personally getting bored with forums and everything that comes with them. I use facebook more these days and attend race meets along with other people i have met over the years. A lot of the people i met and became friends with no longer come on here either. Nothing particular about the forum just forums in general.

Personally getting bored with forums and everything that comes with them. I use facebook more these days and attend race meets along with other people i have met over the years. A lot of the people i met and became friends with no longer come on here either. Nothing particular about the forum just forums in general.

I've seen the increased trend in using Facebook recently, so have set up this: http://www.vr6oc.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?508626

Happy to hear feedback and if you think it's good or not :)

Yeah! Totally agree, it's convenient to say the least and now forum software attempt to reproduce what Facebook has already perfected.

We gotta stay with the times, but like it or not, Facebook is leading the game! Still a forum has its place and the website for club memberships etc...

Be good to get more posting on our Facebook discussion page too :)

Facebook is a load of bollox. I can't stand the pointless updates that people put on " just nipping out to the shop" 5mins later "just back from the shop" and all that crap. I came off it 2yrs ago now and haven't missed it a single bit plus it robs too much time that could be spent messing around with our fine 6 pot steeds lol

• 3 years later...