VW Action @ Santapod - Friday 30th August - Sunday 1st September

Cheers for the compliments guys. I had such a good weekend especially the night racing as I was jut going round and round with no queue, I literally ran out of fuel on my last run!

Thought about the vwdrc but not sure if I would have time, I have to work every other Saturday night and can only take so many of them off a year so balancing weekends away with cars with the 2 small children and my wife is a tricky job!

Yeah VIW28 I think I remember talking to you, you thought I was adaptor man? I talked to so many people this weekend though it was great.

Already started on the mods to get a bit extra bhp to hopefully break into the 10s at gti festival!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah pretty much all my runs were between 11.4 and 11.8 which was fairly good. No maf as I'm running Omex stand alone . The hidden intercooler thing works ok but it's just to small for the bhp I'm wanting to put through it now so I'm going to try a chargecooler and see if I get better results.

VIW 28 was it you who got a video of me racing a green beetle? Harry tdi over on the caddy forum said someone from N Ireland with a mk3 vrt who I spoke to on the day had one, I'm guessing it could be you?

Yes it was indeed, you want me to forward it to you? Sure PM me your email address and I'll do that if you want :)

Out of curiostiy have you measured your inlet temps? As naff as it sounds maybe a bonnet vent would help above the IC or maybe you already have?

Inlet temps were monitored on the lap top on the rolling road and they were fine. It's more the flow rate I'm worried about as my gt30 turbo is only giving me 401bhp and according to Owen developments it should be good for 525bhp. Like I said I've got a chargecooler thats pretty big so I'm going to try that and see if it flows any better and up the bhp.