Oil Sender retrofit

Greetings!

I was wondering if anyone know about some retro-fitting when it comes to certain parts.

For instance, my Oil Sender. The part costs about $230.00 US, and there are manufactures out there that are making and selling oil senders for other makes an models of cars for $3-$10. US. It's NOT that complicated a part. My understanding (right or wrong) is that it has a diaphragm in it that senses the pressure differential, and then relays that information to the gauge. What I would like to try is to find the specs on my Oil Sender, and see if I can't swap it out for an off brand that has the same specs on it for a fraction of the cost. If the experiment fails, I'm out, what between $3 and $10 bucks? Sounds worth it to me.

Does anyone have any specs on an oil sender for a 93 VR6 Corrado. I guess what I'm looking for is information regarding the thread count on the connector (probably metric), bar rating, etc.

Does anyone here have any specific information on the unit itself.

Or even more off the wall, has anyone opened one of these up and fixed it?!

Thanks for your time!

Cheers!

Hello. I've done some more research on the exact part that I need.

There was a little confusion on some of the sites. I had to find out exactly the type I needed. Turns out that I need a sender with:

a 1 lead housing for a 10 bar gauge. This for a 2.8 VR6 (AAA engine) Is this a 15 PSI sender?

Any luck here? I'm continuing to browse -but this does narrow it down a bit. Thanks

Hey, Lukey!

Apologies for being vague. Yes, I'm trying to find a replacement for

Part # 535919561B

The one I have has failed.

They're available. , However, I would like to avoid spending the $250.00.

I understand that some have found aftermarket replacements for as little as $33.00, or thereabouts. I'm just looking to do the same.

From that part number it is for the optional OEM volt / oil gauge panel in the centre console?

The remark for it is simply that it needs to be 1 pin 0-10 BAR and M10x1 thread. The OEM part no. says it was discontinued with no replacement in 2009.

Hey, Lukey.

Yes, it is for the volt/bar in the center console behind the shifter. The actual part is cost prohibitive. That's why I was wondering if the one in the link I sent would work. It's a different manufacturer, but the specs say that it is for replacement of the original part.

I hope I answered your question.

It's only $7.00 so, if it doesn't work, I'm not out a whole lot. But I need to call them and see if what I have would swap out with what they have.