• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm just using ebc black pads and haven't crashed so far lol

Try and clean out the holes as much as possible as they'll be full of dirt and tap the key in with a hammer to make sure of a good seat, a dose of WD40 at the joint to the carrier and time to sit coul

The screw is just for holding it lined up with the bolt holes

Put the old wheels on the ibiza and rolled it out the garage. Have got more pictures but they are on my old phone, will get them up soon. 

[rIMG]http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h480/Nazza27/IMG_20150921_170657_926_zps3m6m2ivv.jpg[/rIMG]

[rIMG]http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h480/Nazza27/IMG_20150921_170632_838_zpstaas42nb.jpg[/rIMG]

[rIMG]http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h480/Nazza27/IMG_20150921_170642_699_zpsdfdq2fsp.jpg[/rIMG]

The toe is well out on the front. The nearside wheel is facing forward while the offside wheel is about 1.5 turns around.  Does anyone know how to sort out toe? Or any other ways of sorting out the steering issues? 

Does anyone also have any pictures of the handbrake cables? As i am using the VR6 rear calipers and will need new handbrake cables (old car was drums) 

Cheers

Put the old wheels on the ibiza and rolled it out the garage. Have got more pictures but they are on my old phone, will get them up soon. 

IMG_20150921_170657_926_zps3m6m2ivv.jpg

IMG_20150921_170632_838_zpstaas42nb.jpg

IMG_20150921_170642_699_zpsdfdq2fsp.jpg

The toe is well out on the front. The nearside wheel is facing forward while the offside wheel is about 1.5 turns around.  Does anyone know how to sort out toe? Or any other ways of sorting out the steering issues? 

Does anyone also have any pictures of the handbrake cables? As i am using the VR6 rear calipers and will need new handbrake cables (old car was drums) 

Cheers

It's an OBD2 engine mate, can tell by the throttle body, and it only has single upper chain.

Definitely OBD2.

Toe in toe out is adjusted on the tie bars and track rod ends, best get it set up professionally unless you know what you are doing. Otherwise tyres will only be last a few weeks to a month .

Look good buddy, keep it up man.

It's an OBD2 engine mate, can tell by the throttle body, and it only has single upper chain.

Definitely OBD2.

Toe in toe out is adjusted on the tie bars and track rod ends, best get it set up professionally unless you know what you are doing. Otherwise tyres will only be last a few weeks to a month .

Look good buddy, keep it up man.

To adjjust it a bit my self if i can as i dont think its even drivable right now. Cheers for the info mate. 

After fitting the handbrake cables, I realised i seem to be missing one of the clips? Does anyone know what the part number maybe or if anyone has one? 

IMG_20150923_172404_562_zpshhovsvh5.jpg

IMG_20150923_172416_818_zpsfethkumi.jpg

IMG_20150923_172411_247_zpsvszaqhei.jpg

Ones this is done I believe I will be moving onto the wiring. Any help with this would be much appriciated as the wiring is what i am dreading the most. 

I believe it is a plug and play job, so no dash wiring is needing too be changed, and i have a new engine look to use as well. 

• 3 months later...

Been busy recently. so not had time to update this as much as i would of liked. 

Managed to get the old wiring out of the Ibiza after a bit of trouble. I have also got an old engine loom out of a vr. I have managed to work out the fuse box connections for that.  I am now in the process of trying to separate the lighting loom off the Ibiza loom. As that's the only bit of wiring i don't have. And oh my days it is a pain!!

Hoping to get the wiring in by end of Feb and its onto the engine after that.... 

• 3 weeks later...

Been busy recently with getting a new job and holidays. However, whenever I have had some free time I have been playing with the wiring. 

I started to stripe apart the light loom from the engine loom off the Ibiza wiring, however it was too entangled. So in the end I have ended up buying a light loom for the vr6, then cutting off the light connectors off both sets of loom, and re-soldering the Ibiza light connectors to the vr6 loom. 

Will get around to uploading some pictures soon. 

• 4 weeks later...

Screenshot_2016-02-28-16-17-56_zpsdmhnhc

Realised that i am missing part of the caliper for the handbrake cable. The clip that the green arrow is pointing too. So that has put a hold on it. does anyone know if they have a part number or if I can get one from somewhere?  

I have also found that the VR loom is shorter than my old Ibiza loom, So I need to cut through the bulkhead behind the fuse box and feed it through.  So have cleaned it up and ordered a hole cutter/ cone cutter. 

20160228_163053_zps6glxakmj.jpg

20160228_163110_zpsuqfcoaqe.jpg

20160228_163118_001_zps4od83dwa.jpg

I can either put the hole next to the brake server or next to the ECU.  Will also need to find a rubber bung to put in the old hole and one for the new hole.  Unsure where to get the bungs from. 

This is slow progress but getting there. haha. 

• 2 months later...

Started to re feed the wires through the car. how ever i dont think i have been sold a complete loom.  As i seem to be missing some of the connectors that go into the back of the fuse box. 

Central Electric Fusebox rear picture

I am missing the following letters.   B, T, V, W, X and some others i think.  Its all i can remember for now.