My Corrado VR6 Build thread

Hi there,

Im a new member and have just bought my first VR6 corrado and loving it so far :) It's a stunning 92 plate with only 100k miles on the clock! Got a real bargain. One thing, can anyone tell me what the colour is?

My old car: VW Bora TDI 115 6 speed

IMG_1200.jpg

IMG_1210.jpg

IMG_1219.jpg

The Corrado before and after i detailed it :)

Before:

IMG_1258.jpg

IMG_1254.jpg

IMG_1249.jpg

After:

IMG_1252.jpg

IMG_1259.jpg

IMG_1262.jpg

IMG_1263.jpg

I then test fitted some banded steels i have but personally feel theyre too small so now up for sale if anyone wants them

IMG_1269.jpg

IMG_1270.jpg

IMG_1276.jpg

IMG_1278.jpg

Now looking for a set of D90's if anyones got some?

What you guys think to my little gem then :)

The corrado is lookin lovely mate so was the bora. If you look on the boot floor you should find the paint code for the car then if you come back on here go into the knowledge vault then into bodywork theres a thread for VW paint codes and that should tell you the colour. I'm guessing it's either Indian red or hot chilli red.

Cheers for the love guys :) well happy with it. Need to figure out what induction kit to get too. any ideas?

Loving that Corrado mate :D are you bringing her to any shows / events this year? :)

GTI Spring Festival next weekend' date=' and a Rolling Road day on June 16th

[/quote']

I'll be going to GTI Spring fest yeah :) should be on the UKMKIV's stand i think as my mate got me one there. Will have to come find you all and say hi. Hopefully i'll be able to get on stand with you guys real soon :) will be going to most of the shows this year though. Definitely going to Edition 38 in august, gotta be one of the best shows of the year absolutely love it.

Cheers for the love guys :) well happy with it. Need to figure out what induction kit to get too. any ideas?

Loving that Corrado mate :D are you bringing her to any shows / events this year? :)

GTI Spring Festival next weekend' date=' and a Rolling Road day on June 16th

[/quote']

I'll be going to GTI Spring fest yeah :) should be on the UKMKIV's stand i think as my mate got me one there. Will have to come find you all and say hi. Hopefully i'll be able to get on stand with you guys real soon :) will be going to most of the shows this year though. Definitely going to Edition 38 in august, gotta be one of the best shows of the year absolutely love it.

Awesome :) yeah come over say hi :) We have some stands booked already - so have a look at this page >>> http://www.vr6oc.com/e107_plugins/aacgc_event_listing/Events.php and register for some of the events :)

We are doing a Brooklands day in October too!

Purchased some wheels for it :) should be here by next week :) keep your eyes peeled over the next couple of weeks for dramatic changes!!

Also going to early edition now instead of GTI spring fest so apologies i shall have to meet you all another time :( any local meets???

• 2 weeks later...

Little update for you guys. The bora has now sold, still waiting for the coilovers from venom motorsport and my wheels should be turning up early next week too. So alot is going to change in the near future!

Little update:

Its all going on!! Lots of goodies turning up tomorrow and next week :) Coilovers are coming tomorrow along with my new battery impact wrench and sockets. So theyl be fitted tomorrow night ;) servicing her on saturday too :) New 320mm MOMO jet steering wheel turning up monday and then my merc wheels coming next week which will be sent off for powder coat and polish. Decat booked in for mid may too :) gonna be alot of work on the corrado this weekend ready for a edition 38 meet at krispy kreme in bristol avon meads 2pm sunday. Anyone going? Will post up photos this weekend of progress. Will be nice to get some feed back from you guys! Also decided to come a join you all on the Rolling Road day! Should be a laugh :)

Woo.more for the rolling road nice one. Sounds like you have lots goin on. Love to see some new pics when it all comes together :-)

Yeah sounds like a good day out. More photos will be up this weekend man :) Over the next few weeks there will be a fair few updates.

UPDATE:

Rado has been lowered after abit of a dub session tonight with the boys. Around a 70-80mm drop. Only thing is the front has cambered in massively! Is there any way of reducing this so the fronts sit more equal to the rear camber? And also has anyone else had this problem? cheers much :)

If you want to try and doing yourself then;

If it uses the same setup as a mk3 there will be room to adjust on the ball joint and the top where the shock mounts to, but undoing all that you'll need a 4 wheel alignment after to make sure you aren't scrubbing your tyres off.

If you just went to a 4 wheel place they would sort out the camber etc for you for the same price.

So really you should change as much of the suspension stuff you are going to them take it to get aligned properly :D

UPDATE:

Gave the rado a bit of TLC today with a big service for some peace of mind. Replaced the plugs, oil and all filters also flushed the engine and put in some injector cleaner too. Looked like the fuel filter hadnt been replaced for a good 5-10 years. Was rusted on! Got the camber fixed too so all is well. Got talking to a admin of the corrado club whilst getting the camber sorted and he mentioned doing a mk3 front brake swap as they have bigger surface area on the callipers and also mentioned doing lupo GTI wiper replacement. Just wondering if any of you guys have done this?? Also treated myself today and bought a clarke 8 draw tool chest :) Loving life.

IMG_1367.jpg

IMG_1366.jpg

I've already upgraded to the bigger discs and calapers... 288's I think they are..

The only thing to bare in mind is the flexi's are different! later ones are banjo fitment :) a good excuse to buy some goodridge hoses? ;)

Yes, lupo wipers are supposed to be good, not cheap, unless you drop on a cheap set. the standard corrado wipers are awful... a lot of people use stuff like rain x so the water beads off the screen at higher speeds :)

I need get some syntha silver in mine now ive done a few miles since all my rebuild work ! what oil you running?

Yea later brakes are 288s they have the same pass as 312s so the swept area is a lot bigger.

I fitted lupo GTI aero wipers to my golf they are awesome compared to the old style, you need 2 drivers side arms and 2 drivers side blades, they are expensive though about £20 for each arm and blade from VW.

Yea later brakes are 288s they have the same pass as 312s so the swept area is a lot bigger.

I fitted lupo GTI aero wipers to my golf they are awesome compared to the old style' date=' you need 2 drivers side arms and 2 drivers side blades, they are expensive though about £20 for each arm and blade from VW.

[/quote']

Cheers for that man!!! Not as expensive as I've seen mate. Will have to go get some ordered up. Have you got the part numbers for them?

Cheers for that man!!! Not as expensive as I've seen mate. Will have to go get some ordered up. Have you got the part numbers for them?

Taken off the arms and blades

Arm - 6X2 955 410 C

Blade - 6X2 955 426 A

That's £20 x4 not £20 x2. This was also a couple of years ago so no doubt the prices will have gone up.