My Corrado VR6 Build thread

Cheers for that man!!! Not as expensive as I've seen mate. Will have to go get some ordered up. Have you got the part numbers for them?

Taken off the arms and blades

Arm - 6X2 955 410 C

Blade - 6X2 955 426 A

That's £20 x4 not £20 x2. This was also a couple of years ago so no doubt the prices will have gone up.

Cheers mate. Will have to go and enquire this week :)

Just went and checked my passenger side as I'd forgotten I'd swapped it for a different one to maximise screen swept area.

1J2955426B

It's an inch longer towards the drivers side and about 2 inches longer towards the passenger side, pretty much the whole screen gets wiped with this combo.

Question, is the corrado screen the same size as the mk3? As if not it may not need the bigger passenger blade.

Just went and checked my passenger side as I'd forgotten I'd swapped it for a different one to maximise screen swept area.

1J2955426B

It's an inch longer towards the drivers side and about 2 inches longer towards the passenger side' date=' pretty much the whole screen gets wiped with this combo.

Question, is the corrado screen the same size as the mk3? As if not it may not need the bigger passenger blade.

[/quote']

Cheers buddy! Think the rados are a tiny bit bigger just looking will have to do my research

Done abit of research and you definitely need two drivers side wiper arms as if you got a passenger one it would foul the bonnet when lifting the arms up. Gonna try swing by a local vw dealer and find a price for everyone who's interested

Someone got a fisheye attachment for their iPhone..

haha you got it mate!!

UPDATE:

Yet again another update for you all. Wheels and adaptors turned up today :) Did a quick test fit and theyre off to be blasted and powder coated tomorrow with some luck. what you guys think??

IMG_1406.jpg

IMG_1407.jpg

IMG_1409.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Been a while since ive done a little update but the wheels are back from powder coat :) Tyres will be on saturday and decat is happening saturday too so lots of photos and a big post to come over next weekend :)

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

Hi guys, been a while. Got a nice update for you all. Hope you like what ive done. Wheels are finally on with new Toyo TR-1's, it's now lowered 100mm all round, sitting rather pretty in my opinion. Also gave the rear light cluster abit of red wrap to make the amber bit a deeper nicer orange. Heres some photos all opinions welcome :)

IMG_1509.jpg

IMG_1513.jpg

IMG_1515.jpg

IMG_1516.jpg

IMG_1517.jpg

IMG_1512.jpg

Loving those wheels! Hope your playing in our show and shine at the rolling road day' date=' you could just be going away with a trophy :P

Ride height is puuuuuurfect too!

[/quote']

haha cheers pete! Yeah i should be mate :) dont think i can take part in the rollers bit though as i wont be able to get her on there haha. :(

You will be cutting it fine I think. If you look at my Facebook page you can see how low my car is from the side and there's a photo of mine on the rollers yesterday for comparison :)

Yeahh just had a look for comparison, mine definitely isnt getting on there man! :( will just have to come over to meet you all and take part in the show and shine ;)

• 2 weeks later...

BEEN A LONG TIME SINCE AN UPDATE

Been a while since ive done an update for you guys, not much else has changed so far. Had a couple of photo shoots done by my friend:

481611_10151595589633563_2026946832_n.jpg

249099_475087075905250_664689358_n.jpg

970717_475086999238591_2003160291_n.jpg

970409_475086959238595_60829391_n-1.jpg

485837_475086722571952_1281102790_n-1.jpg

947396_475086892571935_141178877_n-1.jpg

What you guys think??

On the other side also have some bad news :(

SHE'S A SMOKING AND STALLING

not a nice post to have to put up. The VR has started smoking and stalling more often think this could be leading to abit of a rebuild replacing valve stem seals, valve guides, head gasket and piston rings. not happy need to try and compression test it this weekend. Anyone know a good compresson tester for a vr6?

Anyone else have any good ideas as to what could be up?