help still no heat - (FIXED)

In my golf vr6 I have so far checked : the temperature control cable and it has no play in it and seems to work fine in opening and closing. I have replaced the auxillary water pump , in which I drained all coolant, blew through matrix then manually filled heater matrix with water, refilled rest of system, ran till fans kicked in with cap off then with cap back on took it for a spin. ( coolant temp is all good plus auxillary water pump works , both matrix pipes are hot )

I really need the heaters to work but still just luke warm and I have no idea what to do next ,

so any help is appreciated !

This is a little bit of a mystery mate! I have to admit...

I was thinking to heater bowden cable, but if you have manually turned it from blowing cold to hot on the heaterbox from under the dashboard then I'm stumped! Especially if both the matrix pipes are getting hot.... it almost sounds like a fault in the heaterbox and it switching from cold / hot ?

yeah I have got under the dash and pulled/ pushed the lever by hand no difference.

yeah im pretty sure its clear I blew through the matrix and then filled it with water through one pipe till it came through the other.

( The matrix was new 3 years ago but wasn't oem cost around £20 was from a seller called B&B Components looking back I should have gone oem but it hasn't leaked and seems fine ) .

The only other thing is that lots of foam bits blew through after the change due to it being old and disintegrating, and the foam is used to make seals in the ducting but not sure this would effect the heating?

The flap is on the passenger side, I've just done my heater matrix replacement! :D

But you can't just disconnect it from under and pull it out, you would pretty much have to take the dash out as theres clips all the way round and things in the way.

If you tried to pull it out just from under the dash then you'll probably (99% will) break something and have to take it all out anyway. Ball ache yes but having just done it a fortnight ago its fresh in my mind and I don't think it would be possible to do.

found out that the fan speed controls the very nearest flap to the fan via a cable- the outer casing of the cable is clamped to the plastic casing of the ducting using a steel clip .

On mine the plastic had snapped off and so the flap must have been slightly closed, I opened it fully by hand and now the air is nice and warm!

Here is a pic of how the cable should be, on mine the cable isn't secured atall.

1364375617_12192_FT502313_heater.jpg

I know of a golf being broken so hopefully can get hold of a spare to fit and sort the problem for good.

Cheers for the help guys really appreciate it

Good result :) See I knew it had to be a flap problem LOL

on my Corrado, its a metal clip mounted on the heater box, and the clip just needed tweaking up to pinch the Bowden cable sleeve, giving the impression that the controls were working, but not actually opening / closing the flap!

At least you know what it is, and more importantly have working heaters :D