Vr6 on throttle bodies

Been looking into running a VR on throttle bodies.

I've got the throttle bodies sorted so just need to source a suitable VR engine now.

Been looking around at using megasquirt or is there something better?

I know I will need either a 36-1 or a 60-2 trigger wheel depending on what the management needs but what other sensors will I need?

What coilpacks should I use? I've read that the ford/pug ones are best but they are 4 cyl, will a early VR one work or is there something else?

Anything else I've not thought of?

Not 100% what is needed here to be honest :) But have a free bump!

I know of only a handful of people on here who have ran a VR6 with TB's so not sure how quickly you will get a response, but please keep us updated with any progress you make for others to benefit from :)

Crank trigger wheel is 60-2 and MS should support all the stock sensors except MAF (and knock), so you'll need a map sensor instead, although as ITBs have no plenum, mapping them can be tricky. You might end up using throttle position only as the load measurement.

I've run a DTA S80 on 12 and 24V VR6s with great success so you should be fine with the squirt.

Thanks, I know I've been searching but can't seem to find many people with 12v. There's obviously Gareth with his 32 and a few in the U.S but not really found anything in depth. I've got a thread over on Golfgti forum so may transfer it over to here.

I've got a block and head now, just got to get a few more bits to make it complete but giving it a clean and detail in the mean time.

I've got a TPS sensor on the ITBs so was gonna use that with a crank sensor.

Will I need a MAP sensor aswell as a TPS?

Can I get rid of the knock sensor if MS doesn't support it?