oil leak suspect timing chain cover

theres oil leaking on to the coil pack and its over the housing that covers the timing chains and its running onto the bell housing and sump etc so its fairly bad!

i was going to take the housing that covers the chains off as i think its leaking from there, im guessing there should be a gasket on there to seal it all?

is this a major job ie taking the inlet manifold off, dismantling the housing etc?

the cars going on the rollers next week and i dont really want it pumping oil all over the operators rolling road so hoping to do it over the weekend.

appreciate any help.

its most likely the cam cover tbh.

the chain cover doesnt have a gasket, you need to use some kind of sealant (i use stuff form vauxhall, as its cheap and very good)

remember to remove the 'bolt' tensioner from rear of cover first if its deffo coming out there. and make sure you bleed it down if the piston in the tensioner moves out.

cheers for the advice, will keep it in mind.

i did check the cam cover and im pretty sure its not coming from there. cant be too sure untill i take the manifold off.

anothing thing...the exhaust seems to "burble" more than usual when the engines reved.

i can hear a slight rasp as tho theres a small hole in the exhaust, near the cat. its running rough as well.

would the exhaust blow cause it to burble and run rougher?

[ Edited Tue Apr 12 2005, 05:27PM ]