I'm being given a Golf Mk3 VR6 back by my friend who bought it off me and crashed it into a wall a while ago. I'm getting if for nothing so I'm just wondering if this looks like it could be fixed or if I should just break it for spares? Parts are cheap and time isn't an issue. My main concern is the crush zone as seen in the picture.

gQC8EYI.jpg

6EKxXp2.jpg

Tricky one that mate. I'm sure there are places out there that can repair this safely, but you need to think about integrity of the impact zones, I had an 80mph smash at the ring about 1000 years ago and not only were my chassis legs crashed, bent, split it also pushed my rear footwells up in the car, so at the very least get a proper assessment of the car done :)

Thanks for the replies. The rest of the car is fine. The impact was actually relatively low speed i think sub 30mph. So fingers crossed its the only damaged part. It will have a cage etc soon so the crumple zones aren't too much of a feature to bother about :)

Check where the chassis leg is connected to the firewall for crushing. and also the side wall but where the leg is welded to the bit on the inside of the wing (Can't remember what you call it). check those welds for cracks e.t.c