Poor braking performace - EBC Ultimax setup

Hi Guys.

Recently got back into the VR scene after a year or so away.

Got myself a real stunning Dragon Green VR with nice low miles and a few mods but...... braking performance is real poor and I'm concerned as to what it could be.

The discs are EBC Ultimax drilled and grooved and the pads are EBC red stuff which I think is where the problem lies.

Am I right in saying that the Red Stuff pads dont do anything until they get real warm as they are mainly track pads?

Brake pedal is ok, maybe could do with bleeding but the car just doesn't stop!

Feels like brake fade.

Been thinking about going for the OEM set up. Pagid discs and pads.

Anyone got any thoughts?

I used to run the ultimax discs on my old Rotrex'd VR and had no problems. Tho I always run yellowstuff pads.

It could be a few things really, from glazed pads to brake fluid needs changing.

I think the red stuff are fast road as in better than green stuff that are supposed to be same as OEM

Notoriously difficult to bleed, my peddle has been soggy since ownership really as although the breaking was poor they did work and I had other things to attend to. First start with a couple bleeds of the system. Best bet is to use a vacuum method and a vag-com to bleed the ABS. If not slam the breaks on after bleeding and engage the ABS to purge the system and rebleed. Next, hope that sorts the issue, as after that your on you own :)