Wet passenger side (front and back) when it rains

Hi all, I have a 96 VR which has the above problem. Heater matrix was done last year so not that. It doesn't do it all the time, first time was about 4 months ago and I cleaned a couple of leaves from the scuttle and fine till yesterday, got in and about an inch of water was slopping about!. Can someone give me an idea where the drains are for sunroof and door? Or any other suggestions.

A friend suggested that the foam round the air intake perishes and it gets in there, is that a possibility? Also I changed rear passenger regulator about 3 months ago and noticed corrosion on the motor a clue?

Thanks for the help in advance and happy motoring

Cheers

Steve

The front sunroof drains are in the front door shut about in the middle and look like a bit if rubber tube with a cross sliced into the bottom. The rear drains are behind the rear bumper and are near the big white air pressure flaps. To check them right to the sunroof you will obviously have to drop the headliner, which isn't as big of a job as it sounds, while checking the drains there was actually a recall many years ago referring to the openings on them and it was to make the openings bigger so they can't get so easily blocked by spreading the hole open and just cutting the inner corners off.

Other things you could try could be the pollen filter top could be not making a good seal, door seals letting it in, I personally had some water gaining access through the part where the heater matrix goes through to the engine bay, I've even seen other forum posts where someone tracked it down to a hole that had formed in a weld under the scuttle panel letting water in.

As you are gonna get the carpet up anyway to dry it off take the opportunity to check the floor bungs as they are prone to letting water in and rusting the holes out. You could get some tiger seal and fill the bungs with it then reinstall them, adding more or smoothing the overflow around the edges to guarantee a nice seal, don't forget to do this on the underside too!