Golf Mk3 VR6 on Air - Supercharger.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Couple of photos from last time it was out to keep build alive. 

First photo of my Two VR's together.  Not the best photo, but I had both of them out on weekend, and had to take one     Many more photos of these pair coming when the nicer weathe

I tired to hand paint my rear VR6 badge red, with a small artist brush. I went for hand painting at 1st as I wanted to keep the black outter edge. And didn't want to mask it all up. But it came out s

New over sized expansion tank, to go with my over sized rad.

May not look as nice and minimal as a top fill,

But will work much better with my new rad and hose setup.

B3975C40-C726-4954-9F8C-1F4394A28208_zps

Another few custom silicone coolant hoses on order.

Not much else has happens lately mainly because I've been mocking up the hoses, to get custom ones made, plus I've bought another VR!

See my other build - Mulberry Highline daily.

Edited by c00k
  • 2 weeks later...

looks quality mate, is the low temp fan switch from a T4 transporter by any chance ?

I ordered them from Germany, so I'm not sure sorry. I ordered it with a low temp thermostate, and a low temp fan switch, at the same time, as a kit that came together.

I had to get them from Germany as I couldn't find them for sale in UK.

Low temp thermostate can be found in UK,

But not low temp fan swith. I couldn't find it for a decent price anyway.

Think it was about £22 for the both of them.

They are both OEM, so they are from different vehicles, but I'm unsure which sorry.

All I know is it's the same plug fitting as a standard OBD2. None of this needing to change the plug, and wires. So I can swap back to standard fan switch easily if needed.

Edited by c00k
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Went out for a nice drive in the black VR, now that I've finished all the new water system, and oil cooler set up, and run much cooler, I may swap back to the original fan switch, instead of the low temp switch. As the fans are almost constantly on, and they don't need to be, now I have the bigger rad and external oil cooler. 

Temporarily using a spare de-badged grill I had, while I re-paint my original grill. 

4F131A0E-BA51-4FCC-A453-599B6BE7D113_zps

DC1F34EA-F1D8-4B0F-883E-5769DBEC9B4F_zps

50B2C3E8-3950-4B32-BCBA-710360D1111C_zps

Edited by c00k
  • 2 months later...

Not much has happened to this lately, as I've been working to much on my mulberry daily. 

But I'm back on it this weekend, 

uprated fuel pump on order, hopefully be here by the weekend. 

VDO oil pressure gauge, VDO volt gauge, being fitted this weekend. 

Air / fuel gauge going to be ordered soon, already have a spare wide band mount in exhaust. Think I'm going to get an innovate LC2. 

Still thinking I may remove the rear seats, even if I only take them out temporally, to see it I like it or not. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just finished reading through the thread.  Great work chap, clearly got got plenty of skills.  

Have you had the car on a dyno?  I have just bought the same charger from Bealyboy.  If you get the chance to throw up a few more images of your MAF, Air Filter and pipework locations of the charger and maybe a video..

Great build and attention to detail.  Off to have a look at the daily build now.

• 3 weeks later...

No I haven't had it on Dyno yet, think it's around the 300 mark my self. 

I have a mate who has a MK4 R32 at about 272bhp, and I'm way quicker off the line, and have a higher top end. Had it go off the clock few times. 

My MAF is a flange I have welded in to my pipe work, so not a standard MAF. 

I'll get some pic when I'm working on it next. 

Cheers for your kind words buddy :D 

More of an update comming later tonight. 

Edited by c00k

300 with a z engineering. That's great figures. Mine made 193 with nothing more than a decent exhaust. I have another engine I have built for a turbo conversion. With Siemens 630 injectors. Lightened flywheel and 263 cams. However the engine is complete but all other bits are taking time. So I want some quick bolt on power. I think stealth recommend 360cc on this charger. So I may throw a set of them in my current engine with a 4 bar regulator. Have you not had yours remapped then to match your set up?

Sorry for all the questions chap.

Ah so its the Z2 Engineering you are running??  What are the injectors out of at 394, they sound different.  

Just think of what could of been achieved with a custom map on the rollers mate, great work.  Is it possible to have a new pulley machined for the Z1?

Ah so its the Z2 Engineering you are running??  What are the injectors out of at 394, they sound different.  

Just think of what could of been achieved with a custom map on the rollers mate, great work.  Is it possible to have a new pulley machined for the Z1?

I would guess they are 320cc injectors or something similar as most injectors are rated at 3bar so the increase in pressure would account for the 74cc increase in flow.