Golf Mk3 VR6 on Air - Supercharger.

Summer wheels taken off and on stand,

9A8CBA23-D9C6-40F1-81B0-FF915E5CF751_zps

Temp mock up using the 2nd spare charger mounted on engine, so I can start looking at making some pipe work. I'd like to do complete alloy piping with just silicone joiners either end.

And MFA and temp sensor built in flanges.

8F55C0D4-3C5E-4020-8DF1-8EFB87665E59_zps

A81C4A1E-CD9C-4E1A-B044-EA6A589B4561_zps

Edited by c00k
  • Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Couple of photos from last time it was out to keep build alive. 

First photo of my Two VR's together.  Not the best photo, but I had both of them out on weekend, and had to take one     Many more photos of these pair coming when the nicer weathe

I tired to hand paint my rear VR6 badge red, with a small artist brush. I went for hand painting at 1st as I wanted to keep the black outter edge. And didn't want to mask it all up. But it came out s

• 2 weeks later...

On the rear of the charger, there is an oil bath, the polished part behind the cog.
IMG_0984_zpsf7916cb2.jpg

On the very top of it is a very small breather hole, supercharger is sat in same orientation as it would on the car.

IMG_0982_zps9d301c85.jpg

There are also 2 small grub screws that sit horizontal in the oil bath.
These are to change the oil within the supercharger.

Although not in the easiest position to access once on the vehicle, it can be done with a length of small tubing, and a large syringe.

Reason NOT to rotate the oil housing to make the grub screw easier to access is.... the breather hole would sit half way down,

leaking oil as it's not pointing vertically up. Also this breather hole needs to be kept clear, as it only very small.
as I have seen one or two pictures on the internet while doing research, where people have rotated the oil bath.

Edited by c00k

Nice work refurbishing the pulleys and tracking down what bearings you need, must have been satisfying!

I've looked into getting the gearbox brace before, didn't know it was obsolete. Seems odd it was never fitted to Golf's despite the gearbox having the mounts for it. I've read its supposed to stop the gearbox twisting, will be interested to hear your feedback on whether it makes any difference.

Cheers buddy, I've found all the bearings, all the bolts, every signal one had been replaced with 12.9 high tensile. Plus I've found the replacemt belt too. :)

I should hopefully notice a huge differance, as I also have a soild front engine mount being made, and I have ordered vibra tech rear engine mount, and gear box mount. So they will all be being fitted same time as the gear box brace.

Edited by c00k

Painted and Polished a few things....

1st heat resistant aluminum paint

IMG_1071_zps6742769f.jpg

afterwards light sand, more heat resistant paint, repeated for a couple of layers until nice a smooth.

Then colour coat, 2K, Colour coded to same as car.

IMG_1080_zps7873b0b2.jpg

The parts that were masked I had already previously polished.

IMG_1090_zps387da17d.jpg

IMG_1094_zps5b587478.jpg

I also painted the large pulley at the same time

IMG_1103_zpsbab3936e.jpg

Most of the parts waiting the be re-assembled

IMG_1112_zpsce7e1545.jpg

IMG_1112_zpsce7e1545.jpg

Test fit.

IMG_1151_zps1670cfeb.jpg

Few new mounts waiting to be fitted.

D17A33CD-2B58-4B1F-A3F1-4AABFF8E14CF_zps

Solid alloy front engine mount, 

Vibratech gearbox mount.
Extra gearbox brace,
Solid alloy gear box linkage mounts,

Solid alloy camber adjustable front suspension mounts.

Still need Vibratech rear engine mount.

Nice, those Dibed top mounts? I'm currently running standard rear and gearbox mounts, solid front mount and Dibed top mounts, along with polybushed wishbones and FK Sport Plus coilovers set to the softest dampening setting, I think ill be swapping out the top mounts for OEM ones to see if I like the ride quality better, as it is quite harsh at the moment :)

Nice, those Dibed top mounts? I'm currently running standard rear and gearbox mounts, solid front mount and Dibed top mounts, along with polybushed wishbones and FK Sport Plus coilovers set to the softest dampening setting, I think ill be swapping out the top mounts for OEM ones to see if I like the ride quality better, as it is quite harsh at the moment :)
Dan.......

Where did you get the dibed top mounts from pal?

Are they the same on all mk3's including the VR?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/quote

I got mine off eBay from a company in Poland if that help guys

I got my dibed top mounts from eBay.

Yeah there the same for all mk3's.

But they make 2 different type threads for use of different suspension struts.

M12 or M14. So you need to measure the thread on the top of your front suspension 1st.

Arrrr right. I emailed these guys and they said a MK3 set fits all MK3's. They have mentioned thead sizes. I guess the top half screws onto your strut then?

5d7d8d81b204fd4657935eef9b5aedba_zpsa478

The shaft needs to sit inside the circular bush,

The better the fit, the better the bush will work,

It also means they give the right size washer / spacer. And the nuts fit and are right size.

So few reasons to measure it.

Most coilover shaft are M14.

Have you got any pictures of your fitted pal. I've ordered some today and they say all fitting come in the box with them.