right guys i know this has ben covered multiple times but im getting mixed messages so i need it to be clearer (and im trying to convince a stubborn mate that oem isnt the best ;) aha)

some people say no vibrations some say loads?

ruin steering/makes it better/

makes tyre wear happen more/less

ete ete

just anything to say pros and cons i need to know from your personal experinces and knowlegde :)

Cheers guys much appreciated for your time :D

I changed all of mine from OEM rubber to powerflex and the difference was phenomenal, it made it feel like a new car. There is no more vibration, and they actually improve the ride, bumps it used to crash over are now taken with a much more supple yet tight feeling.

Steering, braking, acceleration, everything really is much improved and happens quicker as the bushes aren't taking up all the slack first.

They are also a million times easier to install.

Don't know about tyre wear as I haven't had them on long enough, but my last set lasted nearly 2 years so not the best one to comment on normal tyre wear, they were Yokohama Parada Spec 2. My new tyres (Toyo T1R) have been on for over a year and the very shallow line on the shoulder of the tread pattern hasn't even worn off yet though.

• 2 weeks later...

I get less vibration and rattles with the powerflex. The car also turns more directly, its only something you would notice after you changed them though, the OEM bushes have movement in them on purpose to serve as slight passive rear steer, but in hindsight it also made the car have a tendency to have a bit of a rubber band feeling like it needed a second to take out the slack. The powerflex have no "slack" or give in them and I prefer this much more.

I liken the steering feel to having a bigger rear anti roll bar fitted, it corners sharper and at higher speeds.