Supercharger issues

Hi i recently bought a supercharged vr on the cheap and am having problems with it, Is a Z Engeneering on with previous rr of 286hp at storm. Its really not performing as it should ive checked and its running approx 10psi of boost. However is very down on power still Its flat right the way through th rev range and if i am honest doesnt feel that much faster than my standard car, It also has a load screatching noise from 4k onwards as if the belts a slipping, However this is not th case as its got toothed belts. Im really lost on this one hope some one may be able to give me some advice. Thanks Ben

Just for the loud screaching noise, and metal filings or anything in the boost pipe? Has a turbo at work recently that the bearings went and impeller was shifting into the casings under load, making a hell of a screeching noise, and as a supercharger is kind of a belt driven turbo it could be a bearing issue somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

The belt that runs the power steering and alternator could well be slipping which would cause your screeching. It could also be any of the bearings. If it's the charger bearings, they can be replaced for about £250 but you can't get the oil seals and I know because I've tried!! After buying and replacing the bearings, I sent my charger off to have it modified for new seals. In the end I part ex'd mine for a brand new one from Robert @ Ruf kompressoren.

Thanks for your reply gaz I suspect it is the aux belt as the alternator is slightly polished and on the odd occassion when giving thee hammer the head unit turns off making me think this is perhaps something to do with the belt slipping. It had a rebuild not long ago so im hoping its not that. A local tuning place claims to know the original person who made the z engeneering charger and claims to be able to get seals. Im going to put the kit on my other car as im breaking the one its fitted to now so i will have to wait and see