Engine Bay Spruce Up!!

During the winter the engine bay had got extremely dirty, and with the show season rapidly approaching, i thought i'd better pull my finger out and do something about it!!

Since i've sold the Schrick and reverted back to the standard manifold, i've been wanting to put the standard engine covers back on, as the engine looks quite ugly imo without them. Dubloke, kindly sent me a spare set as i didn't have any.

I decided to give them a different look, and with the help of Tommy yesterday, we gave them a good spray over with a secret mix of paint ;) The pics don't do the colour justice, but you'll get the idea.

The manifold still needs another few hours spending on it, but hopefully i'll get time to do that before Inters.

Just waiting for the charger to come back from Switerland, and the bay should be complete :)

Let me know what you think.

N80OAK052.jpg

N80OAK055.jpg

N80OAK056.jpg

[ Edited ]

Oooo, Marky I could fry and egg on theat manifold! Nice work mate. Got down to JBS yesterday and I had a fookin water leak. White shit all over the right of my engine bay. Just a small one, all gone now and gettin it fixed this week.

WIll look even better with the nice shiney charger on my friend.

Oooo' date=' Marky I could fry and egg on theat manifold! Nice work mate. Got down to JBS yesterday and I had a fookin water leak. White shit all over the right of my engine bay. Just a small one, all gone now and gettin it fixed this week.

WIll look even better with the nice shiney charger on my friend.[/quote']

Bummer. Not a major leak then......good job you spotted it really....could have been worse if you hadn't!

Hoping the charger will come back this week, fit it on again at the weekend :)

Since i've sold the Schrick and reverted back to the standard manifold, i've been wanting to put the standard engine covers back on, as the engine looks quite ugly imo without them. Dubloke, kindly sent me a spare set as i didn't have any.

How come 's you sold the Schrick, have you noticed a loss in power?