• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oi oi. I got the Lexan windows delivered today Front window with sliders already fitted. These come with a locking system fitted Windows locked Windows unlocked Nice simple system but keeps people

Yeah they are, top fella really helpful and pretty quick too 

I thought I'd show some of the work I've done so far to my Golf n it's quiet at work!!! I took my old VR6 for its MOT and it came back with load of problems n with all the rust all over the car it wa

Thanks Richierich37.

I've Just realized I said the rims were 7.5 wide there not there 7 inch wide.

I started working on the VR on Saturday but had one of them days where everything didn't want to go my way so I left before smashing something and latter regretting lol. I started to spray the rims too but they looked nasty so I'm gonna get them powder coated, I can't have the rims looking rough with them being such a focal point on the car.  

I've been chatting to Bogg Brothers and they can do the throttle bodies for me but as they've never done one before they want the car and couldn't give me to much info which is understandable. I know from other companies (these wanted to make me a manifold from a gasket even after I explained about alternator issue's) I've spoken to said to use Triumph Speed Triple throttle bodies and megasquirt and the rad to be moved down for more clearance but it's all pretty basic stuff at the moment. I've also been chatting to someone else at Ace Cafe meet and they said they can do it, which would be a lot easier as I've way of getting the car to North Yorkshire as wherever the car goes will be on a trailer but still in early talks and am hoping to get them on in February.

Also been chatting to a few more companies about getting the car wrapped and what I want done is looking to be difficult to wrap a lot of people have said there'll be issues with banding, they also suggested to wrap it blue and add the primer marks on later but from a distance it'll look good but when your close to the car it'll be noticeable and I'm not in to that. So looks like it may be getting just the one colour    

• 2 weeks later...

Got a bit more work done on the Golf, sprayed the sunroof motor cover and light/sunroof switch black and fitted a black seal for the sunroof.
image_zps96f46057.jpg

Wired up the amp and speakers. Tried to bolt the (Cobra) subframes in but they don't fit as the hole at the front for the pin to through isn't lower enough so looks like I'll have to drill it larger. Finally got the side moulding all on and sat right.
Hopefully Tuesday I'll get the wing and front bumper to the bodyshop and get the wheels powered coated next week to. Once there back and bolted on it'll be off to be wrapped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Yann
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Cleaned and sprayed the mk4 rear calipers and the front calipers and fitted the braided brake lines. I would have fitted them but l like a div I forget to buy wheel bearings!!

F5D5508E-A2E2-4E95-A9C7-64E8A188DBDB_zps

And I've just come home and these have been delivered

27FC4F3C-4B19-4495-876F-ED0ED438CB13_zps

Which is good timing as I pick up my wing, bumper and rims that have all been resprayed tomorrow Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Yann
  • 5 weeks later...

Finally got round to fitting the mk4 rear brakes

Disks on

98F24BCA-3673-478D-8533-F0272A58569B_zps

mk4 calliper

4879EDFA-7D18-44A3-A3B0-6E9E8DA953D2_zps

I was on the understanding there a straight swop but you'll need to mk3 carriers as the mk4's are to big 

608ABEFC-525E-499E-A131-C261394835E4_zps

Also get the wing and front bumper back from the body shop

US side repeaters

74D0DADA-59AD-4CEC-91DF-2F59EE49A2C5_zps

89E01560-DF3B-45BF-8655-156CE37238C1_zps

Front wing smoothed 

D0288C86-F7B8-4652-ADBA-7BC5688C77C9_zps

Here's one of the rims hopefully should look good with the white cage against the blue

89869334-A388-41B4-BAB1-FF7FF28F0E40_zps

418BCC24-9217-49A5-8E75-73DB62DBE958_zps

Edited by Yann
  • 1 month later...

Had these recently delivered 

0DC8D1CA-88A4-4943-BC01-9D7D0B3C55BC_zps

9C0160D9-65A9-4A21-987C-082C74A9556B_zps

I also got an insurance quote, not realizing if you've not had insurance for two years or more you lose all your no claims bonus so as you can imagine living in  South London and all mods declared I was shocked with the price and not willing to pay anything like what I was quoted. So I'm looking for a daily, something like a mk3 tdi estate to bring my insurance down and to get around as I've had no car while doing this but that'll be once I get myself straight as I was made redundant last December and have only just started working again last week. So my plans have changed AGAIN lol, as I've got a few years to keep building this. I'm thinking more of a stripped out, so just the cage (i was thinking of getting a weld in cage rather the my costum cage), seats and dash perspex windows and I want to keep with the throttle bodies but instead of bike bodies as I've mentioned before I've been looking into Jenvey's, some big cams and a few other bits but who knows as you can tell my ideas change all the time lol

If you remember I wanted to get the car wrapped to look something like this.

717535-930-0-vw-golf-iii-1h1-11-1995-von

I've chatted to a lot of companies and I'm not impressed with what they said, the problem being the primer marks won't come out very well if printed onto the colour something they called banding but it all went over my head to honest so they said I could lay the colour I wanted down first and have the primer marks added later but up close I think this will look rough as it'll look like I've randomly added stickers to the car, so I think it'll get resprayed it's original colour 

• 1 month later...

As you will have read I'm wanting throttle bodies. A couple of weeks ago these popped up on a site on Facebook

D97257D9-818A-4E29-9619-F1EF2763395D_zps

As you can imagine I was like a kid in a sweet shop. I've been chatting to the company who makes them and they've been very helpful but I'm not sure I can justify the price after speaking to a friend who said I'd probably see 20 bhp extra and now I feel gutted not sure what to do with the engine now but I've got plenty time to think about it.

I know, there's a video on YouTube of a VR on throttle bodies and it sounds the nuts, I'm gonna speak to the fella who's gonna build the engine and see what he says cuz I do really want to do it.

Hopefully this link works

• 1 month later...

Plans have all changed again!! I'm hoping to build a track day car now, I want to have a bit more fun. So I've started to stripping the interior, the custom cage has gone along with the roof lining abc pillars and door cards and I will be looking for a weld in cage and swapping to laxen windows. Not sure what I'm going to do with tuning the engine yet but that'll be last. I wouldn't mind a bit of power so I can do the odd quarter mile run but not a stupid amount it's a mare on the track

• 3 months later...

I haven't done much to the VR lately there's been so much going on but I have ordered or picked up some parts. Hopefully once Christmas and New Year are out the way I can get going again.

Eibach anti roll bars

80E87F7E-EFC2-44C1-8961-8AB684EC52BE_zps

R-Spec oil pressure, oil temp and water temp gauges and pod

F383D6AC-CF23-4141-81D0-A18BDADB329D_zps

Lockable bonnet pins

C799D73A-D7EF-4E3D-87DD-50EAC7A0204B_zps

Snap off steering wheel boss

39410E8A-A7AE-492D-AAEE-06482D070B70_zps

And a set of 16" steelies which will be banded to 9" all round

87A6974E-9307-4990-B522-16B69AAA94F8_zps

I've got a few more parts on order which will hopefully turn up this week. Still got to order the fibreglass wings, bonnet and sunroof blank, send the wheels away for banding, fit the TT brakes to the front, remove all the sound deadening, remove the glass and replace with perspex and loads of other little jobs oh and have it fully resprayed.

Edited by Yann
  • 3 weeks later...

Few more parts ordered.

Wiechers front and rear strut braces

8C2FD3F6-E9E1-476F-ABA1-7C3CBB974282_zps

2F35E0A3-43FB-4483-95E3-8277BB5F4CF1_zps

Poly bushes next buy and this thing should be handling pretty good.

Also received my front indicators not sure if I'm going to run both or just the outer ones

D7469379-EA73-4EE5-B398-8D354F1672E4_zps

1C2A241C-B4BA-42E3-AFE4-6CB28E48E980_zps

I didn't go for crystal ones as I want to keep it looking more from the 90's.

US side repeaters

D5ACA3F2-4558-4C82-A329-39DD0F5A28A5_zps

And a omp boss

E799EEC2-7360-4537-84AC-AEF37D2BB65C_zps

I'm not the best at taking pics so some of these have been half inched off the internet haha.

Steelies get picked up Wednesday to be banded by Banded Wheels Essex, I'll post up some pics once I get them back.