Passed her MOT - just!

Well Polly went for her MOT yesterday and came away with another years ticket.

Had a few advisements:

Slight play in the steering rack. &|

Front ARB link - done today

OSR metal brake pipe, which had been rubbing on the tank since it was lowered. :o New one made and re-routed today.

New exhaust sleeve/clamp. When we took the old one off we worked out why the system come loose every so often. The gap between the 2 sections is about 5cm and the clamp was nowhere near central.

She lives to fight another day, well that is when the starting problem is sorted of course. 8o)

ah i see, very good idea. Think im gona have to come up with somthing like that aswell. Maybe i can call mine debbie (as this is my new bit on the side) so when my mrs asks where you going? i can reply, just gona have a play with debbie, he he. :);)

28v6r - in short the fuel pump is not getting the signal to prime' date=' so she stuggles to start until the pressure has built up.

Jon - my Polo only did 5k last year and is now on a 5k a year policy.[/quote']

The Non starting thingy.... what about the fuel regulator not holding pressure, hence having to prime up?? Or that Ol' Chesnut the Fuel pump relay??? Apparently a VERRRRRYYY Common Fault! For £10 quid worth a try???

Regards

28v6r

....And the Fuel regulator?? It's a type of non return valve that's supposed to hold the pressure in line when the engine is turned off. Is there any other symptoms like lumpy idle etc?

Sorry only trying to help:-)

Regards

28v6r

28v6r - that might actually be very helpful. Before tha cams were put in there was a very slight lumpyness/miss on idle. The cams went in and it is more pronounced, which i just put down to the nature of uprated cams.

Will pass it onto my mate.

Cheers