Quick Question For You Folks In The Know

Ok just after a little info, what bhp are the injectors and fuel pump rated to on the 4mo's?

So l guess the question is, theoretically at what bhp would you say you would need to upgrade the injectors and pump?

Thanks in advance :)

Depends what your plans are but I'd say they are matched with a small safety margin. The way I had it explained to me was like this:-

For injectors it is easier to map a larger injector to open and close quickly than to struggle to open a small one for long enough.

I have 630cc injectors and when needed a 300ltr/hr pump.

legend! cheers dude will keep that in mind :D

I was looking at the Ev6 440cc green top injectors as l believe they are direct fit, but will have a look at the 12v setup too and might have to look at slightly big injectors as well lol

I thought they might be till bungy explained it now l will be looking for some bigger ones lol looking at some from deatschwerks at the mo

Thats a good point dude, because if l cant drive it to get it mapped l will have to sort out a mate to trailer it for me :/

Mine are big but give flexibility. Another thing to consider is how you get calibrated for your mpg reading. Unless this is changed to suit it will be out by the factor of your injector size difference. What turbo manifold are you going to use?

Just so that you guys know. The 2.8 and 3.2 head has different injector fitments.

60lb injectors are a direct fit to the 2.8 with 12v injector plugs.

52lb injectors are a difrect fit to the 3.2, again the connectors need to be changed.

The ECU calibration will need to be changed to cater for the injector size, for fuel and fuel consumption calculations.

If your going FI, don't even bother with stock injectors, you are wasting your time.

Don't listen to the myth of, "bigger injector use more fuel all the time." If the ECU calibration is correct, injector size doesn't matter. Fuel usage is directly proportional to power, so a an engine producing 100hp is using the same amount of fuel, weather it has 20lb or 60lb injectors.

Cheers Craggsy. On a side note what boost controller are you using buddy?

This is the one l have brought Bungy, nothing too fancy but will do what l need it to (l think lol)

Cheers UM, I will be getting hold of you in the future for the mapping once l have got everything else sorted if that's alright? as l hear you are a coding wizard :) I have a hell of a lot to do before then mind :/

1342297204_9771_FT481288_manifold_1.jpg

I wasn't planning on changing the inlet manifold to be honest buddy, as l have heard it is good for up to 450 bhp and l will be running an intercooler which should help :)

Yeah its a T25 flange but I will prob have to get it changed to a T4 flange or get an adapter plate made up as the turbo l want has a T4 On-Center flange, .85, A/R Turbine Housing, but will see what happens lol

On a side note has anyone on here had any experience with Remflex gaskets? It seems pretty good.

Uh ok with ya dude, lm not planning to run massive boost to start with but l will have a look to see what they are good for before a need to upgrade.

You're still running a stock inlet right craggsy?