Schrick Manifold - Wiring Issues

Hi all again i am having issues getting the schrick to work properly. Wired it all up as instructed with the Blue wire into pin 22 rpm (tapped in about half way down the loom near where the harness goes into the bay) the black wire to ground, used to the windscreen wiper motor ground and the red wire to the power via the red/yellow (pin 53) on the ECU. The box lights up to green, however when i rev it to 4000rpm where it is supposed to actuate the light doesn't turn red.

My question is really what makes the green light turn red, is it when the vacuum line solenoid switches to open the actuator on the manifold?

Secondly do the two white wires need to be connected in a particular order as the doughnut that sold me the setup had cut the two white wires and did a crap solder which i corrected however wasnt sure which way round the two white wires connect. These are the two white wires which serve a two pin connector that connects into the vacuum solenoid valve (small black piece with the two vacuum ports on it)

Any help would be much appreciated thanks