I thought I'd found a reasonable local garage to do work on the VR until tonight when fuel started piddling out from the engine.

About a month ago I had them change the two fuel pipes that go to and from the rail as the original ones were cracked and a bit 'niffy', not for VW ones as they were £45 each, but for standard fuel lines that would 'do the job' all was good until driving tonight when the smell got too much.

I parked up outside one of those Ukranian car valeting places that used to be a garage and noticed petrol was dripping on the concrete - phoned the AA and waited. They arrived and the Ukranian fellas came out to have a look.

A couple of minutes later 'Viktor' (from the Ukraine) said "You want to change garage - they fit vacuum pipe not fuel pipe - it no safe".

Needless to say I was gobsmacked...

A tenner later the fellas had swapped the pipe for one about twice the size and showed me the difference.

Unfortunately I'm disabled (or I would have done the original job myself) so had to rely on the garage, but I don't think I'll be going back.

B*stards.

It’s amazing tat some garages manage to stay open with the in-compitence of the supposed mechanics that work there. Just goes to show though the only person you can trust to look after your car properly is yourself. Or Tony, but he’s a long way away, especially for a fuel pipe!!

He's in Devizes (in the news at the moment cos someone had an argument with the ex wife's solicitor) between Wadworths brewery and The Crown pub, here's a pic of his modest billboard.

waddys.jpg

Forgot to say that Viktor and co did the work at around 10.30pm - and it took 20 minutes for the AA to answer my call.