Hi and i own a Vento VR6 and since i've fitted my stainless 6 branch my oil temp been running higher it used to run around 88c but now its in its high 90's and smells of burning

but i snapped the heat shield mounts off to heat wrap it but had to cut that off as i wrapped the pipes in pairs and couldn't fitted it properly so is now bare and don't know if thats causing it ?

If it is just that could i use the bolt holes for the air con sensors and make a heat shield and mount it from there ? or would it be better to wrap it in heat tape again ?

I think high 90's is normal for summer temp.. especially as when you fitted 6 branch, chances are you've been 'testing' it out a bit more than normal!

As for oil smell, check the crank case breather valve isn't split, never did it when it dripped into my standard downpipe when it was split, but does drip straight onto exhaust manifold when no shields are there. Or are you sure its not the smell of the heat wrap? Mine stunk for ages!

Might be the manifold then, after all its less restrictive so could be breathing better and drawing more air into the cylinder, and more air with more fuel will obviously mean more heat. I can't remember my temps etc from before and after 6 branch, but would be nice to see other people's before and after temps.

As for smell did you check the oil breather from the rocker cover? Mine used to drip every now and again n stunk for ages afterwards.