finally found vr6 water leak! getting in through door cards? anyone had this??

got all the interior stripped out of the car as sunroof drains were blocked, ive finally found where the last small leak is coming from, its coming from the bottom of the speakers and bottom of door card, when it pisses down only a few drops come in onto the floorpan but i want to stop this, anyone had this problem before. please see picture with arrows.

it does it on both doors.

DSC01039.jpg

There should be a membrane between the door card and the door. Its probably damaged or missing' date=' causing the rain to run down the wires into your speakers

[/quote']

you mean the platistic see through stuff? thats missing i think?

yes its dripping onto the speaker, have you got a link to ebay on what i need to buy?

Its black with a speaker shape i doubt second hand would be any good try taking the door panels of off your other doors and have a look i boubt they would all be missing.

you got a picture? trying to figure out what they look like budd!

Grrr Mines like a bloody culinder at the moment ,i dried it completely and bypassed the heater matrix Hopeing/Praying this was where the leak was but checked her on friday only to find a puddle in the drivers well, so unless i cure the ingress iam afraid its curtains for her and ill be sorcing a new shell me thinks.

Stephen

ps check the usual stuff screen/drain holes etec etc so any other info would be wellcome.

Grrr Mines like a bloody culinder at the moment ' date='i dried it completely and bypassed the heater matrix Hopeing/Praying this was where the leak was but checked her on friday only to find a puddle in the drivers well, so unless i cure the ingress iam afraid its curtains for her and ill be sorcing a new shell me thinks.

Stephen

ps check the usual stuff screen/drain holes etec etc so any other info would be wellcome.

[/quote']

sunroof may be leaking mate, take the headlining off and seal it.

where are you located? i seem to be an expert on these now!

• 3 weeks later...