leak on passenger side footwell vr6 - UPDATED 18.00PM

First things to check are sunroof drain holes. Open up the sunroof and have a look towards the front of the car, 2 little holes can block up easy. they come out in the door shuts, so open up the doors and make sure the little rubber things are dirt free. Maybe get an air line down and gently blow through.

Also just check door seals for any splits etc

other thing i was thinking of was the cover over the heater blower' date=' maybe that seal has gone?

[/quote']

Take the scuttle panel cover off, (will need to remove wiper arms) clear all the crap away thats collected over the years. On the nearside there is your pollen filter, check the seal around there. It may be gone especially if the area has a lot of debris. Also a good time to change your pollen filter ready for the long hot dry dusty summer!!!!!

cheers guys its the sunroof drain, i poured some water in it and instead of coming out the drain it came into the passenger footwell, ive tried cleaning the drain out and got a lot of muck out but no water comes out of the drain still! :-(

it also comes out of the drivers footwell as well when i poured some water down the sunroof drain!

Clean both sides then!!!! Open up the rubbers use some stiff but flexible wire and probe up the channels. When down, pour more water down the sunroof drains until it comes out of the rubber......best of luck. But would still check pollen filter that you don’t have!!!!

Clean both sides then!!!! Open up the rubbers use some stiff but flexible wire and probe up the channels. When down, pour more water down the sunroof drains until it comes out of the rubber......best of luck. But would still check pollen filter that you don’t have!!!!

cheers' date=' cant work out why its leaking into the passenger footwell?? surely if blocked water would back up and fill the sunroof hole up?[/b']

well i noticed on my mk3 theres plastic trim peices which come down the pillar of the windscreen , im prety sure if they werent plastic they would be absolutley soaking wet , the only water i can trace back on mine is a few droplets going up by the bonnet release , i think the drain got blocked and its overflowed down that palstic trim peice and into my footwell, i used an airline to blast down the drain pipe seems ok now, just need the carpet to dry up..but if your suspecting the window to be letting it in, just remove all the trims around the window and inspect the glue from there,

have had this three or four times now on my golf and cant really work out the reason behind it , i have cleared sunroof drain holes recently and cleared crap out of scuttle.

im missing the seal that goes around scuttle panel though as it had deteriorated so i cut it off to make a clean finish could this be it ?

problem solved, these drains were so badly blocked and the drain pipe on both sides wasnt even connected to these rubber hoses i have in my hand!

bad side is all the underlay is fucked and carpet needs to come out as its soaked! :-(

not rot on the floorpan though :-)

drain.jpg