Hello and welcome...we’re getting a collection of 4Mo’s on here now!!!! Another question about coils. See the other thread on coil overs, sure you’ll find an answer, if not, some of our other 4Mo owners will be along soon!!!!!! lol

Coilovers are simple enough to fit. Soak the top mounts with penetrating fluid and loosen the top mount nuts with an air gun with the wheels on the ground before you jack it up. Makes the whole thing a lot easier.

i've heard something about the arb as well...? and using a spreader tool for the fronts?

Coilovers are simple enough to fit. Soak the top mounts with penetrating fluid and loosen the top mount nuts with an air gun with the wheels on the ground before you jack it up. Makes the whole thing a lot easier.

i've heard something about the arb as well...? and using a spreader tool for the fronts?

I never had any problems doing mine...

I fitted fk's to mine about a month ago buddy and they are pretty good, it took about an hour and a half to do all 4 (coilovers on the front shocks and springs on the back) and that’s without an airgun. if your taking you standards off you might want to get a cheap pair of spring compressors if l remember right when l took the originals off (a while ago) it made it a hell of a lot easier.

• 1 month later...

i won't need to clamp the spring if removing whole unit?

also picked it up today but its making a rubbing noise at Low speeds' date=' worse when on full lock, sounds like its from the rear? i know it hasn't been driven for a while.

[/quote']

from what i know the rubbing noise is apparently a sign the haldex needs a service, if it's like a tyre rubbing noise then it's likely to be the haldex, mines just started doing it but after just buying tax and insurance for it i can't afford the stuff till next month so i'm using the wifes GTTDI till then, slow as lol

i went for the 4mo based on price of the car and the fact the tax is still a normal rate on a 4mo pre 2001

R32 is a stunning car though' date=' will have one, one day

[/quote']

Mk4 R32 should be same tax bracket as the 4mo.....I think mine was £245 last year

i went for the 4mo based on price of the car and the fact the tax is still a normal rate on a 4mo pre 2001

R32 is a stunning car though' date=' will have one, one day

[/quote']

Mk4 R32 should be same tax bracket as the 4mo.....I think mine was £245 last year

i thought all R's were registered after 2001, putting them in the emissions based tax bracket, i must be wrong, my appologies

They got a special bracket lol so keeping them out of the higher bracket. Late mk5 R32s are £400+

so i was half right lol, they are all later than 2001 which is when the emissions tax thing was introduced but they aren't affected by it, funnily enough when i was looking for a gttdi for the missus we went to look at one that was a 52 plate 130, came home and did numerous checks including one for the tax and it was the normal tax band, then the one she has bought is also a 2002 but an 02 not 52, this is also a gttdi 130 but is in the lower tax bracket (emissions tax) i would have thought going off age that the first one would be the one with the cheap tax, we thought it was a cock up with the DVLA now i'm just thinking they arent making rules for whatever suits them best lol