Who on here has insured their car as a classic vehicle? I know someone has, and they've got their insurance at a stupidly low price, just want some info on what they did, as my car is coming off the road as a daily driver and will be used very little.

I'll be insuring corrado under a classic policy.

There's loads of T&Cs etc.. Has to be kept in a brick garage during night, not insured for traveling to work etc...

There's a few of the corrado boys that does it this way. Very cheap and very limited mileage too!

just got a quote from performance direct for £375,3k mileage...online quote...went to buy it and it went up to over £700,with wheels and suspension mods declared,got it through marks and spencers of all places for £427 in the end...with mods declared...i dont understand how they can charge such different prices..

just got a quote from performance direct for £375' date='3k mileage...online quote...went to buy it and it went up to over £700,with wheels and suspension mods declared,got it through marks and spencers of all places for £427 in the end...with mods declared...i dont understand how they can charge such different prices..

[/quote']

Because even though you've improved the handling of your car, you've been categorised as a boy racer cos thats what they'd do!!!

I don't think they will be much help Pete as they state to take out a policy -

"The vehicle has not been modified from the manufacturer's standard specification"

this is what I found with a couple of classic insurance peeps' date=' they dont seem to like mods !

[/quote']

I just got insured with them (Footman James) with all my mods, give them a bell they were really friendly, if you have any engine mods then someone like performance direct are no good as they wont touch you...........