Thank you.... warning... Contains the 'C' word :-d

I did something yesterday that I didn’t think I was going to be able to do again, I bought my Dad a birthday card :)

Today is his last session of chemotherapy treatment and the recovery starts here. He had an operation to remove a tumour in October last year and I just wanted to say a big thank you to all my wonderful friends..... old and new, North, South, East and West..... from the VR6OC who have supported me through this stressful and difficult time.

If you have any friends, family or relations that develop a lump anywhere on their body however small, please do your best to encourage them to get it checked, it’s so important. My Dad’s tumour was growing at such a rate that a few more days would have seen it spread to areas of the body that the brilliant doctors at The Christie, Manchester wouldn’t have been able to operate on. They have been fantastic by the way, big props to the NHS! I lost my beautiful Mum when I was small because of an undetected lump and cancer treatment was very different in 1988 so I couldn't help but worry that things could have been very different for my Dad this time round.

So again, a big thank you to all of you for listening to me for hours |-) cheering me up and just being there. I hope we can all raise a glass/can/barrel together in the summer.... (B) See you at as many shows as possible.... Much love xx (k)

Its great to hear he is doing well hun... always here for you, my mum wasn't one of the luckier ones either as you know... but it is always promising to see some people fight through it. Fingers crossed he can now recover and put this behind him.

Big hugs to you hun. xxx

Its great to hear he is doing well hun... always here for you' date=' my mum wasn't one of the luckier ones either as you know... but it is always promising to see some people fight through it. Fingers crossed he can now recover and put this behind him.

Big hugs to you hun. xxx

[/quote']

Im with you on that one aswell hun lost my mum to cancer, but as said good to see some are lucky enough to give cancer a kick in the ass ..... and have a few extra years with loved ones ...

much love XX

Very moving indeed. I'm glad your dad's ok.

It reminds me of the time when my dad had to have a heart bypass operation & I didn't think I was going to see him again but that was nearly 4 years ago & (touch wood) he's ok now.

all the best to you & your dad, there's good times ahead.

Baz