Santa Monica alloys

Just after I bought my 4Mo I invested in a second set of Santa Monica alloys off of eBay. A couple of the originals on my car were in a poorer state than I wanted and so I made a decent set out of the 8, leaving me with 4 spare now. So here's my dilemma. Sell them as they are - 3 with tyres on, 1 with tyre off but I have the tyre to go on it. All tyres are road legal but would probably need replacing fairly soon. One rim is badly kerbed, all have water damage. Or have them all professionally refurbished and stick some tyres on them. The second option would end up with 4 as new wheels with new rubber, but I would then have to sell them for about £750 to make it worth my while.

Are they worth that/would I be able to sell them at that price or should I sell them as they are and let someone else to whatever they want to them?

Just read a recent post in the What's It Worth section - looks like people can pick up a nice set for £100-150 with some rubber on. So looks like I'll hold onto them and potentially make them my winter set after having some but not too much work done on them. Might have a go at refurbing them myself.

Just read a recent post in the What's It Worth section - looks like people can pick up a nice set for £100-150 with some rubber on. So looks like I'll hold onto them and potentially make them my winter set after having some but not too much work done on them. Might have a go at refurbing them myself.

They are very prone to laquer lifting and water getting behind. Might be a good project to have a go yourself as you could always get them powder coated later if you didn't like the results.